• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

jeremiah

No. This was veg tanned.
The pigment finish was too much for what they were after. This A2 is tough as nails but still soft. According to them it was a Japanese tannery and they made a few jackets with the hides they received and never ordered more. Then came victory hide.
That said this jacket is closer to the pigment finished jackets though and the wrinkles on it is insane.

Griffon_301

Navy kind'a day....ELC G&F M-422a today for me...

Attachments

• 20190826_151856.jpg
    20190826_151856.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 171

Griffon_301

Happy camper here!

Thanks again Couchy for the great service you have provided me with in selling and sending the jacket around the globe literally....it arrived today, my shiny blue BR L-2a

First jacket style where I bought a size soley based on measurements without trying it on before and it seems to have worked!

It's a size 42 and it is a very trim fit but as it is a light jacket I wanted it just to be wearable with a t-shirt underneath only and that works...
If I can reduce the bread basket a little it might even work with a light sweatshirt or pullover underneath...

Here are the first pics...

Cheers
Phil

Update: tried it with a more appropriate layer underneath for autumn...and it works :) I am an even more happy camper now

Attachments

• 20190828_105955.jpg
    20190828_105955.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 167
  • 20190828_105749.jpg
    20190828_105749.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 163
  • 20190828_111321.jpg
    20190828_111321.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:

ausreenactor

Happy camper here!

Thanks again Couchy for the great service you have provided me with in selling and sending the jacket around the globe literally....it arrived today, my shiny blue BR L-2a

First jacket style where I bought a size soley based on measurements without trying it on before and it seems to have worked!

It's a size 42 and it is a very trim fit but as it is a light jacket I wanted it just to be wearable with a t-shirt underneath only and that works...
If I can reduce the bread basket a little it might even work with a light sweatshirt or pullover underneath...

Here are the first pics...

Cheers
Phil

Update: tried it with a more appropriate layer underneath for autumn...and it works :) I am an even more happy camper now

Mein Gott! The posties move like sloth men! Sorry about the delay. That's embarrassing. Considering asking for a refund. Glad you are happy with it.

Griffon_301

Mein Gott! The posties move like sloth men! Sorry about the delay. That's embarrassing. Considering asking for a refund. Glad you are happy with it.

ah don´t mind :) it has arrived safely and that´s all that counts for me :)
I can remember when I waited for my first B-3 from ELC when I ordered it nearly 25 years ago...no email confirmation that it was sent and no online delivery tracing...those were really hard 6 weeks :D

btw I am still waiting for a book from the US that was sent nearly 30 days ago with prio delivery...so its not only the Aussie posties that work in a rather relaxed mode during summer :D

Smithy

When I heard you mentioning the black William Gibson B-10 in another thread, I initially thought, no bloody way but the pictures of that look rather good. Sure it's not mil spec but it's a damn handsome jacket that and it really looks great in all black. Two thumbs up from here.

The B-10 has to be one of the easiest flying jackets to wear and one of the most practical. I built a verandah and restored a boat with one of mine a couple of years back ;-)

B-Man2

Ditto
B-10 is a great jacket and warm as well. Easy to see why it replaced the A2. Warm, ease of movement, easily repairable in the field.
I wonder what the cost was per jacket back then. The A2’s ran about $8.70 each back then. I’m wondering if they were more, less or about the same per jacket. Bueller ????..... Bueller????.... ....Anyone????:D

Last edited:

Griffon_301

Don't dismiss the B-15s either...I own both, a ELC B-15 and a ELC B-15a as well... Both are great jackets and I prefer the pocket style on the B-15 to the B-10 pockets. Those alpaca lined cloth jackets from the later war years really rank amongst the most practical military jackets - with the exception of the N-1 deck jacket. This to me is the most practical utility jacket I own...

Flightengineer

Our big bird came yestarday to took part in an airshow on static display and duty crews must be on board all days while the plane will be there. So we with big pleasure got bit indulgence in uniform for the duty crews and could put over the uniform shirt not blazer but jacket. Sunny but cool and very windy today.

So my ELC Star got chance rightfully came to cockpit today.

cc04e3b30bf9.jpg