• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Wholenineyards

20190629_215332.jpg

Too hot to wear a jacket but still... looking at the harmonic colour combination... makes me somewhat happy. BTW, anybody interested could google CAPT Amy Bauernschmidt. We finished training together in 1996... guess she'll make her way... Go Brownshoes!

B-Man2

View attachment 21311
Too hot to wear a jacket but still... looking at the harmonic colour combination... makes me somewhat happy. BTW, anybody interested could google CAPT Amy Bauernschmidt. We finished training together in 1996... guess she'll make her way... Go Brownshoes!
Nice photo... Tell us a little about her. ..
Is she up for a promotion to a General Officer or something like that?

Wholenineyards

Thanks, guys. Amy was until recently the Executve Officer of USS Abraham Lincoln. She might have a chance to get a carrier command if she performs well in her next job. Competition is tough, though, obviously... but it is quite baffling how much you have to give to your service to even reach that point.
Steve, the crusher is of Diamond make, the Flighter. I bought it back when ELC still had those in their stock. A-2 is a GW Monarch I’ve had for a while. The B-5 LPU of late 1945ish (not really very sure, could be end 40s very early 50s) I just picked up from French aeronantiques.com. Inside the flight bag is a real gem for me. A G-1 spec 55J14 (AER) made by Aviators Clothing Co. Inc in my size 44.

Wholenineyards

(Maverickson) commented correctly that it is a tad tight for my frame, those Aviators are apparently tailored tightly at the waist. Plus, I run at a good 220 lbs... as I grow older I am sure I’ll be shrinking... by that time I will have replaced the knits, probably. Nonetheless, a very comfy jacket with a grand smell of Brownshoe history...

Attachments

• BD9561F6-B0EB-4F37-B444-9201859BB456.jpeg
    BD9561F6-B0EB-4F37-B444-9201859BB456.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

ausreenactor

Some of us don't actually wear our jackets. It will be there ready for when you drop the weight. Hit 172 lbs from 203 lbs the other day... WWII uniforms will fit me again now.

Wholenineyards

Some of us don't actually wear our jackets. It will be there ready for when you drop the weight. Hit 172 lbs from 203 lbs the other day... WWII uniforms will fit me again now.
Thanks for keeping up the hope... I’ll be turning 50 in no time, so shrinkage can’t be too far away... and I am back on a good diet with workout... keeping fingers crossed. Cheers, Markus

ausreenactor

View attachment 21311

Love it.. Hijacking your pic Sir.

Wool trousers, brown oxfords or russet service shoes. It is a classic combo..

B-Man2

Yeah, really temp.swing...Today is more warmer than yesterday, and it looks like today the last jacket's day before the heat comes back tomorrow, so I gave chance to my ELC.

It was funny to be a giant for a couple of minutes ;)

Where are you? Looks like a movie set miniature....