• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

A2 B3au

I offered a trade for that painted Eastman that gent posted today on TFL. It'd have to be something with some heavy artwork like that! But I'm going to hold onto her for a while. The leather needs some breaking in. Heavier 3ish-oz shinki.
He paid 4-450 for that a couple of days before , so got a cheek trying to get 700£

zoomer

Owing to some cool, windy, and p!ssing wet days (no better break-in time), I have been reaching for A-1s and A-2s well into May. But today the leathers leave the coat tree for the cedar closet.

Here is a jacket you haven't seen yet, an apprentice-made Aero in jerky russet horse. It's a 48, very easy fitting but still snug thru the shoulders - tho the sleeves are ample.

Few newbie goofs except for the left sleeve lining, which was sewn in kind of twisted, and the collar snaps, which throw creases down the front. I'm hoping break-in may help. Still a fantastic bargain at GBP400/USD508. 52" chest, 19 3/4" shoulder, 27 1/2" back, 27" sleeve.

IMG_4369.jpeg IMG_4358.jpeg IMG_4374.jpeg IMG_4380.jpeg

The ELC '37 HLB has been with me 7 months and is starting to feel like a good friend, tho not yet an old friend. No beefs here except I can't latch the collar (who among us can?...but on the new Aero, I can).

And my sentimental favorite, the ELC ‘33 Werber. Fanciful schemes fill my head, such as a bigger back and collar or the wet stretch to end all wet stretches, but it would make more sense to send it to Five Star to knock off...

7EB8FC0A-17A7-4BEF-B0CE-E47C7A001AB3.jpeg

Last edited:

Nickb123

Owing to some cool, windy, and p!ssing wet days (no better break-in time), I have been reaching for A-1s and A-2s well into May. But today the leathers leave the coat tree for the cedar closet.

Here is a jacket you haven't seen yet, an apprentice-made Aero in jerky russet horse. It's a 48, very easy fitting but still snug thru the shoulders - tho the sleeves are ample.

Few newbie goofs except for the left sleeve lining, which was sewn in kind of twisted, and the collar snaps, which throw creases down the front. I'm hoping break-in may help. Still a fantastic bargain at GBP400/USD508. 52" chest, 19 3/4" shoulder, 27 1/2" back, 27" sleeve.

View attachment 19501

View attachment 19495 View attachment 19494 View attachment 19496 View attachment 19497

The ELC '37 HLB has been with me 7 months and is starting to feel like a good friend, tho not yet an old friend. No beefs here except I can't latch the collar (who among us can?...but on the new Aero, I can).

View attachment 19498

And my sentimental favorite, the ELC ‘33 Werber. Fanciful schemes fill my head, such as a bigger back and collar or the wet stretch to end all wet stretches, but it would make more sense to send it to Five Star to knock off...

View attachment 19640

Zoomer, you wear them all well.

zoomer

Thanks Nick. Apologies for the glare in the background...I wanted shade, and had to prop the phone up on a gate, with the result as you see it...

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.

View attachment 19501

View attachment 19495 View attachment 19494 View attachment 19496 View attachment 19497

View attachment 19498

View attachment 19640
ELC '37 HLB looks fantastic,what a leather!

Smithy

Man I don't envy you Edward. That reminds me of summers in Melbourne. Nothing for it but to sink a few cold ones and stay out of the sun.

I've been wearing my AVI Bronco all today as although sunny there's been a chill wind. No pics I'm afraid.

Edward

when I was younger I loved summer... (and I had a nice sized in-ground pool but divorce... blah blah blah... ) but as I get older the less I can tolerate the heat. I've become a winter kind of guy but I live in the wrong part of the country and winters come late, are brief and mild. I need to move a couple of states north. lol!

B-Man2

when I was younger I loved summer... (and I had a nice sized in-ground pool but divorce... blah blah blah... ) but as I get older the less I can tolerate the heat. I've become a winter kind of guy but I live in the wrong part of the country and winters come late, are brief and mild. I need to move a couple of states north. lol!
When you find a place let me know and I’ll be close behind! ;)

B-Man2

Norway boys! Lots and lots of space, not too crowded, lots of WWII archaeology around the place, you can wear a jacket nearly all year round - even B-3s and Irvins in the colder months, and the women are stunningly attractive ;)

Only problem is the beer is bloody expensive!
And the single malt scotch?;)

Smithy

And the single malt scotch?;)

There's a reason why Norwegians are always going on overseas holidays or driving over the border to Sweden Burt and it's not all for the sunshine and holiday vibes!

One word (or is it two if it's hyphenated?) Duty-free ;)

B-Man2

Wow !!
Norwegian moonshine, never would have guessed that one. Some of the things I learn on this forum are just plain cool.
Tim
Does the government turn a blind eye to producing it, or do they try to crack down and try to deterred it’s manufacture?

Smithy

Wow !!
Norwegian moonshine, never would have guessed that one. Some of the things I learn on this forum are just plain cool.
Tim
Does the government turn a blind eye to producing it, or do they try to crack down and try to deterred it’s manufacture?

Oh no way. It's like the old moonshiners in the States in the old days, they're always trying to stay one step ahead of the fuzz. Because of the high price of booze here, it's always going to fuel a demand for black market hooch.

Bombing IP

When I was working in Muncie Indiana one of the workers there brought back some Moonshine for me .I remember it well it smelled like paint stripper and it was so high in alcohol you could not leave the cork out because it would evaporate . It did not taste that bad ,I drank it neat with ice . I met a guy when I was living in Michigan his name was Hal Foote he came from the Upper Peninsula he lived through the depression and he told me of a guy called Two Pie Tetro who used to make shine in the woods ,he used to age it by stringing up in the trees and let the wind move it around in the barrel . Hi Hooch was the most sought after in the area ,Hal worked as a conductor on the rail roads and used to deliver it to customers in Los Angeles . I always remember him telling me you were never more than ten minutes away from a drink during prohibition .

BIP