• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Aye, it is a gem to be sure, used to live just a few miles away so it was a regular haunt.
If it were not for the efforts of a few enthusiasts in the early 70s it would probably be a housing estate now.

Last edited:

tjoenn

Nice day for my cable raincoat today...

IMG_0137.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg

tjoenn

What a sweet original you got there Tjoenn! Plus, it's a wearer and it fits! Can you tell us how you got it, please? Provenance?
Thanks! I got it from a member here. I posted a WTB and just happened that when I arrived in Florida for a visit last year, a message from a US member waited for me with the offer to buy this jacket. That person bought it from another member here, but unfortunately that's all I know about it, no provenance. It's been redyed, as can be seen from inside the pockets, but it was done masterfully, no flaking whatsover, and then re-issued, you can just barely see the u.s. airforce decal. No issues with the leather, original lining just worn around the neck, but knits are not original. I will never part with this jacket. It's normally on display, but I wear it from time to time.

gav

Great day out at Duxford IWM today! My first time visiting. Amazing place to visit even if you have only a passing interest in aviation - the place is absolutely enormous and contains what surely must be one of the best collections of aircraft anywhere in the world.

The American Air Museum contained within the complex is incredible, hosting the only SR-71 outside the USA. It also had a few jackets on display...

View attachment 17138
View attachment 17137
View attachment 17139
View attachment 17140
Nice. I was exactly there on friday

Bombing IP

Definitely not looking at Irvin's this time of year .We do not seem to have a spring anymore just jump into summer .

BIP

D97x7

Despite manufacturers advice I washed this yesterday in the machine, something had to be done about the pit situation.
To my delight no harm has been done and the jacket is now more fragrant :)
Cold hand wash cycle with no detergent for those interested.
I wish my camera would show the colour more, there's far more depth to it than the pictures depict.
ResizerImage1590X2174.jpg
ResizerImage1293X1927.jpg
ResizerImage1402X1528.jpg

B-Man2

Despite manufacturers advice I washed this yesterday in the machine, something had to be done about the pit situation.
To my delight no harm has been done and the jacket is now more fragrant :)
Cold hand wash cycle with no detergent for those interested.
I wish my camera would show the colour more, there's far more depth to it than the pictures depict.
View attachment 17871 View attachment 17872 View attachment 17873
Nick
Jacket looks outstanding ....but man .. you guys who throw a $500 - $1000.00 leather jacket into a washing machine have definitely got a set on you ;)

Pilot

Nick
Jacket looks outstanding ....but man .. you guys who throw a $500 - $1000.00 leather jacket into a washing machine have definitely got a set on you ;)
BK price listed right now at approx 1680 GBP
( Dubow Victory HH plus a few little extras)
So all in all approx 2000 US$.
And yes, a very nice and gorgeous jacket.
Fantastic grain.
Thx. for sharing.