• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

bfd70

I really love the look of the A2 (and your’s looks awesome) but i can’t stop believing the leather stopping so high on the arm amd waist would send me into an OCD tailspin.
Seperately can anyone comment on if the pockets are at all useable.

taikonaut

Had to do a run to the office today, so elevator all to myself... this has become my go-to-jacket when it's not too cold and after learning from this forum to stop babying it, it's gotten so much nicer looking.

You got the look of Ed Harris:D
Nice jacket, is it ELC "Timeworn"?

Garylafortuna

Yup, Eastman, picked it up at their old place in 2014. You'll be happy with it! Don't do like me though... I wasted two-three years being too careful with it, didn't even wear it in rain. :)

Totally terrific Rough Wear Tjoenn, and beautiful patches. Kudos to you sir.

D97x7

Bit up and down about this one, up today so here's a pic.
ResizerImage1600X2400.jpg

Persimmon

Umm, no not for me.Maybe it would look better with a darker coloured leather as in the colour of the facings.

I see what you mean about the dark leather to blend it in more.
Then again some good wear and tear will take the newness of it and age it well no doubt.
I guess it’s what you get used to. These jackets look right to me with that off white creamy fleece. For me the dark fleece looks false. Slightly like a vastly expensive Ralf Lauren take on a Irvin style jacket.
But then I know absolutely nothing about these types of jackets !

Last edited:

D97x7

The colour does look better in real life, both my cameras seem to bring out the worst in it, it's the short fleece that I'm not enjoying, I didn't expect that.

Persimmon

The colour does look better in real life, both my cameras seem to bring out the worst in it, it's the short fleece that I'm not enjoying, I didn't expect that.

How short is it in comparison to a “ normal “ fleece length. What is the issue wearing it with a more shorter fleece.

D97x7

Not very scientific I know, when I push a nail into I only make it about 10mm deep at most. This is not necessarily a bad thing, I was just expecting to be sinking into a nice deep luxurious fleece and I'm not.
Not certain how deep it is on my other Aero Irvin but it's definitely longer.

Persimmon

Not very scientific I know, when I push a nail into I only make it about 10mm deep at most. This is not necessarily a bad thing, I was just expecting to be sinking into a nice deep luxurious fleece and I'm not.
Not certain how deep it is on my other Aero Irvin but it's definitely longer.

Ha ha. You need to get nail measuring !

Micawber

Nick,
I would be interested to see a side by side comparison between your standard Aero Irvin and the your new black one, just to get a feel of hide colour etc.

Micawber

Thanks Nick, that's an excellent way of getting a handle on the colour tone of the new one. Speaking entirely personally I think I would prefer the body colour to be in the the same darker tone as the tape, but of course that is an entirely personal preference. Funnily enough I was watching an old wartime, semi documentary film in the wee hours on Talk TV about bomber ops [wish I could recall the title of the film] and during the briefing scenes I'm sure I could make out one or two darker fleece Irvin's being worn.

MeachamLake

Great day out at Duxford IWM today! My first time visiting. Amazing place to visit even if you have only a passing interest in aviation - the place is absolutely enormous and contains what surely must be one of the best collections of aircraft anywhere in the world.

The American Air Museum contained within the complex is incredible, hosting the only SR-71 outside the USA. It also had a few jackets on display...

DDD78173-3DAF-4DAD-B67E-4FE9D4261F45.jpeg

1279D6DE-B81B-4DBD-86B1-F28906C20289.jpeg

92B5DC36-9C6E-491B-8D83-DBCEBB6DAA5C.jpeg

948FF96A-5A97-4C87-8ACD-D81955F63608.jpeg