• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Hopefully it all works out with my exchange , yeah I'm an excessive guy but I only want 3/4 more and I'll be satisfied. Thing is I've always been fan of military styled jackets and have some old designer brand ones that look dated but themed on A2s and B15s , now I've got these which are timeless and last a lifetime if looked after . 15 jackets but who's counting and they all look the same apparently

Well you could blow your hard earned dosh on a lot worse.

The 40 Irvin should fit you a lot better and be a lot more comfortable to wear Art, plus room for a jumper underneath which never hurts. Irvins just don't look right when they're fitted, they need to be a bit on the bigger side to look right.

geoff.adams.96

Great looking jacket and it fits u very well indeed I'm a big fan of the rust knits along with that dark seal brown leather Aero provide
Thank you very much indeed Art! I asked the people at Aero which combination of leather/knits colour would be closest to the originals of this contract, and they told me it would be this combo.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

Nickb123

Aero A-2 again. Geoff's wins though. :) ^

3832226C-1D07-40CA-BEE1-3680977BBFBA.jpeg

B-Man2

today in Bremen which is in the far North of Germany (countryside plain like a pancake) and "found" a mirrored lift again (think those guys here in the "plainlands" are all narcissistic :) ) ...

pt0JCGU.jpg

5* A2, waistcoat by BRONSON, plain White Shirt, LEVIS 501, RW engineer-boots and "US MAIL" satchell also by BRONSON
Good looking jacket Thomas !
I didn’t know that Bronson made a waist coat .
Would you show us the mail bag? I didn’t know Bronson made one of those as well.
Nice look Thomas!

B-Man2

Hello everyone, I am relatively new to the forum, but have posted a couple of times in Care and Preservation regarding a Martin Lane G1 from 1968 I bought. I have been regularly lurking a long time and have gained so much knowledge from you guys - I am very grateful. I just bought a new Aero Leather 38 1711 P A2, which I thought would be nice as a first contribution to this thread. I was going to get a custom made but spotted this in the sale section for £550 - a saving of £85. All the measurements seemed to be my size - I'm 42/44 (the A2 is 44) - and the jacket was made in my first choice horse hyde in seal brown with rust knits, so I pulled the trigger. I love this jacket very much, the quality is incredible, it seems historically very accurate, and I particularly love the collar. The sleeves seem a smidgen long at the moment but I think they will ride up with wear [emoji5]. I'm wearing it as often as poss to break it in, but it's mostly B10 weather in the UK at the moment. Please excuse the washroom environment for my pics, but I was in Marks and Spencer so very clean, and the only full length mirror available not in public [emoji5] Thank you for allowing me to share[emoji106]
c46014774f898d91631e4f8a0a3b7f37.jpg
96d1a4b828a7d77e6aea8b9e04e6cdb2.jpg
f73f0efba4f47deb777e427616106db5.jpg
034a224b19274dbbefd752b20e042352.jpg

Geoff
Welcome to the forum
Great looking Aero and you definitely nailed the fit down pretty well .
Congrats!!

Flightengineer

today in Bremen which is in the far North of Germany (countryside plain like a pancake) and "found" a mirrored lift again (think those guys here in the "plainlands" are all narcissistic :) ) ...

pt0JCGU.jpg

5* A2, waistcoat by BRONSON, plain White Shirt, LEVIS 501, RW engineer-boots and "US MAIL" satchell also by BRONSON

Nice jacket and cool vest, Thomas, hope that next time we will meet in Frankfurt, and you will not run away to Bremen, as happened this time :)

Flightengineer

Hello everyone, I am relatively new to the forum, but have posted a couple of times in Care and Preservation regarding a Martin Lane G1 from 1968 I bought. I have been regularly lurking a long time and have gained so much knowledge from you guys - I am very grateful. I just bought a new Aero Leather 38 1711 P A2, which I thought would be nice as a first contribution to this thread. I was going to get a custom made but spotted this in the sale section for £550 - a saving of £85. All the measurements seemed to be my size - I'm 42/44 (the A2 is 44) - and the jacket was made in my first choice horse hyde in seal brown with rust knits, so I pulled the trigger. I love this jacket very much, the quality is incredible, it seems historically very accurate, and I particularly love the collar. The sleeves seem a smidgen long at the moment but I think they will ride up with wear [emoji5]. I'm wearing it as often as poss to break it in, but it's mostly B10 weather in the UK at the moment. Please excuse the washroom environment for my pics, but I was in Marks and Spencer so very clean, and the only full length mirror available not in public [emoji5] Thank you for allowing me to share[emoji106]
c46014774f898d91631e4f8a0a3b7f37.jpg
96d1a4b828a7d77e6aea8b9e04e6cdb2.jpg
f73f0efba4f47deb777e427616106db5.jpg
034a224b19274dbbefd752b20e042352.jpg

Good jacket and good fit Geoff, do not be confused by the sleeves lenght, everything will be OK. Well done, that made a photos and it is good that you are not embarrassed by the background, it is secondary, the main thing is that the jacket is good.

Nickb123

Lovely Aero that is. These jackets are so underrated IMHO. Is there a detailed review anywhere? I must have a look.

Not yet. Was purchased from a gent on TFL. I agree with you. This one's kind of a laugh because it's actually seal Vicenza hh but appears more russet! The trick to this one was that the previous owner wore it; the leather really looks swell broken in. I gather these are rust knits? Reddish brown, but not quite a red. Or berry?

johnwayne

Rust knits controversial? Well yea on the B10 I recal but nah, not if you like ,'em and I do hence to repeat myself from other posts, if I do ever go for another A2 it would be Seal/rust combo, gutted I missed out on a lovely one a few years back on GW's sale page! In future too I must steer clear of strange men in M&S loo's taking pictures of themselves - unless maybe he's wearing an A2 and I'm wearing mine!! I've said before, given how popular our jackets are and living in London, I've rarely bumped into someone else wearing one, maybe just a handful of occasions!

B-Man2

Rust knits controversial? Well yea on the B10 I recal but nah, not if you like ,'em and I do hence to repeat myself from other posts, if I do ever go for another A2 it would be Seal/rust combo, gutted I missed out on a lovely one a few years back on GW's sale page! In future too I must steer clear of strange men in M&S loo's taking pictures of themselves - unless maybe he's wearing an A2 and I'm wearing mine!! I've said before, given how popular our jackets are and living in London, I've rarely bumped into someone else wearing one, maybe just a handful of occasions!
Hahaha...good one JW .. I bet running into another chap wearing an A2 in the loo is a real ice breaker . ;)