• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Dubpynchon

Very nice!!
What size is that?
It’s a 46. John Lever bought if from a US film auction and hot shrank it down and had Real McCoys send him the label which the last owner stitched on, so it may have been a 48 or a 50 originally. It fits me well anyway. A keeper, and I mean it for this one. The sheepskin is lovely, yellow and bobbly.

giphy.gif

Ummm... yellow and bobbly...

Last edited:

B-Man2

Chilly morning here so had an opportunity to wear another A2 that I haven’t tried out in a while . Good Wear Acme (Aero) 21996 in Russett Cow Hide with a Crown zip. Can’t tell if it’s an original or a repro Crown . The oxidation on it makes it look authentic but I just don’t know. All help would be appreciated.

22BDBA94-A3E9-483E-9567-020BBB88F94B.jpeg

FDCF5D2C-AF55-41D7-9711-A1C347AA8189.jpeg

FADC16CC-6F52-4CC3-940E-6565CF19ADA9.jpeg

Maverickson

Hi All,

Now that we are into jacket season full swing I just pulled out one of my more favorite civilian War era Monarchs. This is one of my go to horse hide jackets. All completely gone through by me. While at it I upgraded this jacket with mole skin pocket lining, double USN type map pockets, M-39 bright brass Art Deco Sunburst Talon to include a Talon brass ball and chain for it's out side pocket. All slider hardware with rays.

This is a 75 plus year old jacket & does not get much better than this.Ultimately making jacket wearing something to look forward to & an absolute pleasure.

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

SuinBruin

Chilly morning here so had an opportunity to wear another A2 that I haven’t tried out in a while . Good Wear Acme (Aero) 21996 in Russett Cow Hide with a Crown zip. Can’t tell if it’s an original or a repro Crown . The oxidation on it makes it look authentic but I just don’t know. All help would be appreciated.

View attachment 12361

View attachment 12359

View attachment 12360
Repro Crowns are only used on ELC and Buzz Rickson jackets. I don't know about Buzz, but ELC treats them as proprietary and won't sell them; you can only get one on an ELC jacket. So I would strongly suspect your Crown is original. (The Crown on one of my Good Wear Broncos is vintage.)

ELC on the Crown Chevron Zip

Flightengineer

B-Man2

Techno
You gotta love that ELC B-10 for authenticity. The original B-1 looks pretty cool as well.
I think I would have opted for jeans, the camos with the jacket and hat might just be a shade much. ( just my opinion no offense intended)

Technonut2112

Techno
You gotta love that ELC B-10 for authenticity. The original B-1 looks pretty cool as well.
I think I would have opted for jeans, the camos with the jacket and hat might just be a shade much. ( just my opinion no offense intended)

Thanks, none taken... I live in a small mountain town in West 'By Gawd' Virginia.. Trust me, it's quite the stylish combo here.. ;) They're Levi's to boot... :p

Ken at Aero Leather

The off white roll neck has arrived, no doubt much to the amusement of my friends, but I like it, definitely feels heavier than the paratrooper one.
View attachment 12388

Looks great, it took a lot of persuasion to get the knitters to use 10 ply wool but the end result looks great IMO, I got a lot of flack "in house" about the repro label, what do you think of it? These were never going to look professional

B-Man2

The off white roll neck has arrived, no doubt much to the amusement of my friends, but I like it, definitely feels heavier than the paratrooper one.
View attachment 12388
Did your friends really rag on you about the sweater? I think it looks good. What did they say? Are you and I out of touch with today’s fashion world?o_O