• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

bn1966

UK winters a D-1 does me layered up if needs must. Had an ELC Irvin type but moved it through a lack of wear, fancy a B-3 but for me fairly pointless. Can‘t wear any decent jackets at present due to my pup & her fangs….

D97x7

Bronson N-1 for a well deserved, in my opinion, tea break.
IMG_20230129_170140_copy_3168x4224.jpg

Probably the most practical jacket I own, perfect for outside jobs and not so expensive that it has to be cared about.

Griffon_301

UK winters a D-1 does me layered up if needs must. Had an ELC Irvin type but moved it through a lack of wear, fancy a B-3 but for me fairly pointless. Can‘t wear any decent jackets at present due to my pup & her fangs….

I know what you mean... our Hovawart puppy recently turned one year old and she is still exploring each and everything mostly with her teefers...well no need to stow away the lrvins though...you could still say that the jacket has survived numerous dogfights already

ausreenactor

Found my BR M-51 Parka and liner. All set for this years winter. This was the last of the house move mysteries from 2020..

In with my M-51 and M-43 jackets...

ausreenactor

Do you fellers have any thoughts about the appearance of this A-1 from What Price Glory?
It's probably made in Pak, but the US HQ, for returns and fast refunds, is in Salinas, Calif. upstate, near Monterey.
The outer shell is made of goatskin. One of my filters is engaged, so I'll say nought more.
It's $175, and shipping is reasonable. They don't give a heap o' grief over returns like some companies, and if the product is damaged or mis-cut, etc., it's free shipping back to Salinas.
These are the dudes I buy my khaki (tans) shirts and trousers from. Sorry, from whom I purchase.
Other views available from me or their site. Didn't want to take up lots of space here.
Appreciate any thoughts.
John

View attachment 94997
Go a FiveStar!

John Luder

Thanks to Count Yoggi, Vampire, for suggesting this thread instead of in the 'patches I painted' thread. I couldn't find anything recent, among the 476 pages of topics to peruse, that dealt with this specifically or definitively.
G-1 Question: I've found a few pix of G-1s in the Pacific. I'm putting mine together for a character in a novel for which I'm giving military advice.
It's a fictional sub in '45. I'll be able to share the patch when it's published, sorry for being oblique, not to mention, obtuse.
I know that boat and PT skippers wore A-2s, but I don't have a spare, unless one of you has a 40 to unload.
This G-1 set-up won't be for anything, so far, other than the author's and my amusement, but I want to be period specific to 1944-45. The one thing I've gotten a handle on is that the Navy wore their patches on the right, name on the left, during Korea.
I saw one WW2 aviator with his patch on the left breast and a name tape, maybe stenciled canvas, below and just above the pocket.
I've attached three variations, but two will be small cuz I don't want to take up too much space.
IDK if subs wore the name plate, but why the hell not? Can't prove a negative. So I had to paint the dolphins and name, as anyone could have done at the time. Necessity is the mother of frank zappa, after all. I realigned the letter after the photos gave a different perspective.
Does anyone already have a bunch of Navy photos as a guide? I've not been able to narrow down searches thus far. Aviators will do nicely as a guide.

Thanks,
John
IMG_8380.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 5.09.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 5.09.44 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 5.09.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 5.09.18 PM.png
    728.1 KB · Views: 60

Brylcreemer

The 1949 or so Thunder Bay jacket. This is the original, but Aero Leather Scotland makes a nice copy.
This is so cool. Just picked up one of these myself after a long time searching. May I be cheeky and ask for some more pictures? Does it have a label? Is it a Franco-Canadian or a Cambridge? Thanks!