• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Lord Flashheart

Steve
I have pretty much the same problem with my wife. The other day during a lecture of my short comings, she concluded the conversation with “look at me … do I have any bad points”. She immediately became offended when I pulled out the Power Point presentation. Huh!…..Go figure … :oops:

To be fair Burt, I think its the slick slide transitions and the mournful soundtrack that did it ;)

Lord Flashheart

It is definitely Irvin time. The Aero Late War was on duty today with ELC’s A-10 gloves. Just right.

DA9187C4-6FE4-4747-903A-ECA38CCEC41F.jpeg

Chandler

What a splendid work jacket the ATF fleece lined tanker is. Just right when sorting out some water trough valves over the fields on this chilly morning.

View attachment 88051
Steve -- how old is your tanker? I just checked my records and my first one (the one that gets all the wear) is 6 years and 10 months.

The backup, waiting in the wings, is 3 years old. I'll have to put them side-by-side to see if I can tell any big differences in materials (other than the go-to having been washed 3 times now and definitely faded and shrunk up a little).

Micawber

Steve -- how old is your tanker? I just checked my records and my first one (the one that gets all the wear) is 6 years and 10 months.

The backup, waiting in the wings, is 3 years old. I'll have to put them side-by-side to see if I can tell any big differences in materials (other than the go-to having been washed 3 times now and definitely faded and shrunk up a little).

That is a good question. I will try and find the purchase records but it must be at least four years. There was certainly a bit of fading after the first wash but not noticed anything significant since. I bought my son one at the same so will try to remember to compare the two when he next wears it over here.

Sideslip

That is a good question. I will try and find the purchase records but it must be at least four years. There was certainly a bit of fading after the first wash but not noticed anything significant since. I bought my son one at the same so will try to remember to compare the two when he next wears it over here.
Very nice. That reminds me of the NOS one I picked up at a stall in the late 1990's. We were then doing refurb works and so it went in a box to Shurgard. Unfortunately, some @#%& put some food in one of the other lockups so when I opened the box, I found a dried up mouse nest. I don't know who was more annoyed, me about the jacket or my wife about one of her favourite going out dresses :oops: :mad:.

In any event, saw this thanks to @Michael http://www.303rdbg.com/uniforms-gear8.html

Cyril

Wow! Very nice ! And a rare bird as well.
Just for future photo comparisons can we see a good photo of the label ?
here you go:

i also showed the jacket some month ago when entering VLJ

P1100355.JPG

Cyril

thanks Grant, it is really lovely. i found the whistle in a cloth handkerchief in the inner pocket. There is also a nice USNR-pin on the backside of the collar. I wear it really rarely. It should probably be in a museum ;). The pilot flew B-24s with VFB-105 from Dunkeswell/UK searching submarines along France and Spains' atlantic coast.

Micawber

thanks Grant, it is really lovely. i found the whistle in a cloth handkerchief in the inner pocket. There is also a nice USNR-pin on the backside of the collar. I wear it really rarely. It should probably be in a museum ;). The pilot flew B-24s with VFB-105 from Dunkeswell/UK searching submarines along France and Spains' atlantic coast.

As an aside Joseph P. Kennedy Jr flew out of Dunkeswell before eventually volunteering for the top secret Operation Aphrodite / Anvil and transferring to RAF Fersfield just across the field from the farm here. He and the other crew member Lieutenant Wilford John Willy were killed when their drone BQ-8 PB4Y-1 "robot" aircraft [converted Liberator packed with explosives] blew up near Blythburgh, Suffolk August 12 1944.

Cyril

As an aside Joseph P. Kennedy Jr flew out of Dunkeswell before eventually volunteering for the top secret Operation Aphrodite / Anvil and transferring to RAF Fersfield just across the field from the farm here. He and the other crew member Lieutenant Wilford John Willy were killed when their drone BQ-8 PB4Y-1 "robot" aircraft [converted Liberator packed with explosives] blew up near Blythburgh, Suffolk August 12 1944.
Thank you for that.
My jacket belonged to USN Lt. Roy Lee Konewko. When i got the jacket it was accompanied by some governement paperwork since a previous owner aparently tried to find out more on the pilot. Apart a document that listed him as a pilot with VFB-105, there was not much. Here some photos i found.

Roy Lee Konewko_1.png
Roy Lee Konewko_2.png
P1070273.jpg

Micawber

Thank you for that.
My jacket belonged to USN Lt. Roy Lee Konewko. When i got the jacket it was accompanied by some governement paperwork since a previous owner aparently tried to find out more on the pilot. Apart a document that listed him as a pilot with VFB-105, there was not much. Here some photos i found.

View attachment 88289View attachment 88291View attachment 88293

Always nice to have provenance with an item, it adds another dimension and links us to the people and events of the past.