What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

Thanks Burt. It's a little bit smaller than the L-2A that I purchased so I decided to grab a medium since I had a discount code that needed to be used. I'm hoping that the medium will be a perfect fit and I can pass the small L-2 along to my wife. It will be a little large for her, but I honestly think that she looks better in my field coats and military clothing than I ever do.
Smart move !
Get her involved and wearing your cast off’s . ;)
New jackets will be easier to slide past the goalie . :)

CombatWombat

Thanks Burt. It's a little bit smaller than the L-2A that I purchased so I decided to grab a medium since I had a discount code that needed to be used. I'm hoping that the medium will be a perfect fit and I can pass the small L-2 along to my wife. It will be a little large for her, but I honestly think that she looks better in my field coats and military clothing than I ever do.
Mate it's always the way......our "Lady Loves" always pull off military inspired jackets and coats better than we mere men do haha

bseal

FD7D9D24-D1CD-4DAE-AC24-1C739D067C2E.jpeg
Mate it's always the way......our "Lady Loves" always pull off military inspired jackets and coats better than we mere men do haha

Here is my ex-girlfriend wearing an A-2 John made specifically for Red Tails. And by ex-girlfriend, I mean devoted wife.

Dany McDonald

Heading out for a cool ride in my GW Rough Wear. This A-2 hasn't seen a lot of weather lately and the skin is taking a lot more time to develop a patina to my taste, its a shame as the leather is more prone to absorb elements than others... Anyways I love it and sorry for the high contrast and the tone on tone...

GW-RW-001.jpg

D

Pa12

Flew to Goodwood and hesitated on the Dubow but it said 12celsius so went for the GW Monarch m422. SNJ in the background.

View attachment 83703
Got caught many times in the Se5a wishing I’d worn a jacket. Finally figured out anything below 22 and I need a jacket. Was a bit of a pain as by the time I pulled the airplane out and got it ready, I was sweating. And then I had to put on a jacket and shoe horn myself into that little cockpit. Extremely claustrophobic until that fan out front was going. Nice to be back in a closed cockpit :)

Sideslip

Got caught many times in the Se5a wishing I’d worn a jacket. Finally figured out anything below 22 and I need a jacket. Was a bit of a pain as by the time I pulled the airplane out and got it ready, I was sweating. And then I had to put on a jacket and shoe horn myself into that little cockpit. Extremely claustrophobic until that fan out front was going. Nice to be back in a closed cockpit :)
While I really enjoy the Luscombe (easy to fly, but always something to learn, she gave me a little warning today on a variable wind crosswind landing), I was chatting to a Stearman pilot today and I have constant daydreams about a Stampe sV4c (ailerons on all 4 wings!). I could then justify the Irvin :)
FF9F00CC-8ABA-4A2E-B1D1-FE58B5957460.jpeg

Pa12

While I really enjoy the Luscombe (easy to fly, but always something to learn, she gave me a little warning today on a variable wind crosswind landing), I was chatting to a Stearman pilot today and I have constant daydreams about a Stampe sV4c (ailerons on all 4 wings!). I could then justify the Irvin :)
View attachment 83709
Nice. There was one for sale on barnstormers but with a big Lycoming. From what I’ve heard, they’re a much better airplane then the tiger moth. Had an opportunity to fly a tiger this summer and have to agree with what my dad said all his life about them. Bit of a dog. And the novelty of maintaining that old Gypsy engine would wear off pretty fast with me.

Pa12

The Gypsy moth was actually a much better airplane then the tiger. The airforce wouldn’t go for them because it would be too difficult for the instructor to bail out. So dehavilland kept modifying it until it turned into the tiger.