What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Saint-ex

Vincent,

are you doing a Tour d' Europe right now? Amsterdam, Copenhagen, now Göteborg...looks great!

Safe travels!

Ties
Thanks @ties70 !

We visited Amsterdam in April.
And now we are traveling to Sweden by car, so we crossed Belgium, Germany and Danemark.
Copenhagen was a 2 nights stop on the way and for return we plan to stop in Germany. Maybe Kiel or Lübeck. Tips are welcome !

ties70

Thanks @ties70 !

We visited Amsterdam in April.
And now we are traveling to Sweden by car, so we crossed Belgium, Germany and Danemark.
Copenhagen was a 2 nights stop on the way and for return we plan to stop in Germany. Maybe Kiel or Lübeck. Tips are welcome !

Not much to see in Kiel. It's my birth place, but I have to admit that due to massive "refurbishments" from '41-'45, the city is lacking any character.

Go to Lübeck instead!

Visit the famous Café Niederegger: https://www.niederegger.de/geschichte/ Eat some Marzipan! First made in Germany in early 1400, this soft candy of almonds and sugar is as German as it gets, and Niederegger is by far the best!

Take pictures of the Holstentor: Lübeck's most famous landmark - is the symbol of the Hanseatic League's heyday, when Lübeck was the richest city in the Baltic region in the 14th century. https://museum-holstentor.de/index.php?seid=1274

Take a walk through the old town...it's definitely worth it:

The Hospital of the Holy Spirit (Heiliggeisthospital) and the Seafarer's Guildhall (Schiffergesellschaft) are impressive, too!

Have fun!

Ties

Last edited:

mulceber

Just cool enough for a jacket, so I’m sporting the Pancho:
0BAB39BF-F2EE-4000-9742-E3B1B1404F4D.jpeg

Lorenzol

Yup, that one:
140210-F-ZZ999-501.JPG
The one and only Pancho Barnes. And btw, quite a cast of characters, if not legends in their own right, on that photo, apart from Pancho Barnes and Chuck Yeager - from left: Jack Ridley, Ike Northrup, Pete Everest, P. Barnes, Chuck Yeager and Clarence "Bud" Anderson. Gus Askounis at the keyboard.

Last edited: