• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Well we had a bit of cool weather that came in overnight and lasted through the morning, so I managed to give the Monarch some wear on a walk this morning.
IMG_6483.jpeg

IMG_6485.jpeg

B-Man2

That magic hour where the lighting is perfect and the Florida sun is subdued. I scored a mint '72 Star 7823 and sent it up to Steve Sellers to put real mouton on the collar and he did an absolutely smashing job on it. Yet another satisfied customer. Now I'm dying for jacket weather

View attachment 82063
Tim
Outstanding jacket. Steve is a genius.

ties70

That hide made my really thinking about a second try with FiveStar.
And the straight off the rack 48 suits you @ties70 !
I’m looking forward about details.
Is this pattern copied from an original?

Vincent,

as far as I know, the pattern was made after a couple of "specimen", not sure how many were original, though. It wouldn't surprise me, as Shawn has acquired quite a collection of original WWII jackets in the last year.

I will do an in depth review some time, but from a first glimpse one could say that @Shawn Ali ´s jacket definitely checks the obvious boxes:

- Shoulder seam is centered below epaulette
- collar snaps are hidden behind lining
- washers for the collar hook eyelets
- sleeves are inset
- the shoulders are square and give an overall boxier appearance

Knits are 100% wool, and are the best I got from FS so far. It's good to see that Shawn is still twisting the tiny screws to get his product forward....

Ties