• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Pa that Dubow was made for you, nice fit, enjoy it and abuse it, cause it can take it. And I mean that, mine is aging slowly which means it will only be getting better year after year!

Dany
You know, it kinda sucks. That was always my plan. Always really been a one jacket guy searching for the right one to be “my jacket”. Now I have 3 beautiful jackets and I’m torn. Don’t know how wz does it.

Pa12

I think they stop taking any orders now. I would love to order a 46 in russet for sure.
I know they had a notice in February. Haven’t checked recently. One of the other members managed to get one anyway during the supposed freeze. I’m pretty sure you could find something to wear while your waiting ;)

Smithy

I think they stop taking any orders now. I would love to order a 46 in russet for sure.

Russet is the way to go with Platon, it's a seriously lovely colour from what I have seen. I can remember I was gobsmacked the first time Grant posted pics of his.

Shame Platon doesn't offer longer sizings for us taller fellas. Still maybe I should be happy as it'd be more money down the jacket rabbit hole otherwise ;-)

Wz1999

Russet is the way to go with Platon, it's a seriously lovely colour from what I have seen. I can remember I was gobsmacked the first time Grant posted pics of his.

Shame Platon doesn't offer longer sizings for us taller fellas. Still maybe I should be happy as it'd be more money down the jacket rabbit hole otherwise ;-)
I purchased a size 44 in russet unfortunately the sleeves were too short for me. I agree, the russet color is much like the original I have.

Pa12

Yes, it’s “just” long enough in the torso and I’m 5’11”

Pa12

I purchased a size 44 in russet unfortunately the sleeves were too short for me. I agree, the russet color is much like the original I have.
It’s definitely a trimmer fit. I always wear a long sleeve shirt when wearing a jacket. If it’s warm enough for a t-shirt it’s too warm for a jacket for me. But I can pull the zipper up to the top and it’s not pulling or stretching, but there’s no room left .

coolhandluke

Man , south west us is really getting hammered. Ridiculous temps over 50 c. We’ve had several heat alerts already but pretty normal for here in the summer. In the 30’s with humidex pushing 40. Hope they don’t start plugging in all their electric cars down there. Deadly time to have a black out

Unfortunately, it's not much better in the south central U.S.. 111° F here in Oklahoma City yesterday...and that was far from the warmest temperature in the state.

20220719_151919.jpg

Flightengineer

Fits. Just. I have a 43 inch chest and take 44 in gw. This is a 46. So if your any bigger then me, forget Platon. This is the biggest he makes.View attachment 81235View attachment 81236
Fits. Just. I have a 43 inch chest and take 44 in gw. This is a 46. So if your any bigger then me, forget Platon. This is the biggest he makes.View attachment 81235View attachment 81236

Paris vaut bien une messe (с)

Long wait was not in vain, excellent result!

Brettafett

Yes, thats what I was told. That has 'my' Doniger written all over it. I appears to be a lovely 'browny' russet, not 'red' or 'orange'.

May I ask, have you looked at John's Knopf 18246? Reason I ask is Im torn between the Bronco and that, for the HH jacket.

blackrat2

Don’t write off a Poughkeepsie or one of his Aaeos…darn it the list is endless
The Horween is great that’s for sure..if anyone snags an A2 in that new goat please do post it up!!

Dany McDonald

You know, it kinda sucks. That was always my plan. Always really been a one jacket guy searching for the right one to be “my jacket”. Now I have 3 beautiful jackets and I’m torn. Don’t know how wz does it.

That is a decision one has to make at some point, depending on his or her taste. Many leather jackets, lots of variety and choices and that's fine.

Or one or two that will see usage, so age and shape on your body and that whats makes a stunner A-2 in the end.

I am just commenting here not judging by the way. I have like 4 L-2's 3 B-15's etc....

Dany