• Image uploads are not working at the moment. Working on it.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

Someone should tell them they're using the 23rd FG tiger, not the AVG (Disney) tiger.

Buried somewhere, I have the AVG T-shirt the Cockpit sold back in the 80s and 90s -- actually has a good reproduction of the blood chit on the back. Sort of surprised no one ever asked about it when I wore it.
If you happen to come across it sometime, please post some photos of it . It sounds pretty cool .

CBI

yeh, the AVG tiger and 23rd FG Tiger tend to get used as if both are the same. In any case, I was/am fine with it. its a modern take sweater anyway with the screening on the sleeve.

Chandler

If you happen to come across it sometime, please post some photos of it . It sounds pretty cool .
I'm half-heartedly trying to clear out my storage unit, bound to find it.

Wish I could remember what was on the front. I think it was the Disney tiger with some script on the upper left chest.

Did a web search, but couldn't find anyone selling it -- *too* vintage? ;)

ties70

Someone should tell them they're using the 23rd FG tiger, not the AVG (Disney) tiger.

Buried somewhere, I have the AVG T-shirt the Cockpit sold back in the 80s and 90s -- actually has a good reproduction of the blood chit on the back. Sort of surprised no one ever asked about it when I wore it.

Most likely to avoid any trouble with Disney?

Not sure, though, if licensing is really that expensive.. With the Mouse being on every crappy 5 $ t-shirt?!

Kermit3D

To follow the "Throw Back Wednesday" idea, I had fun with Photoshop :)

DSC_0388_test_patch.jpg

ausreenactor

Have not snaffled anything from Japan in a while.

Newly purchased overnight.

Never stop never stopping the jacket buys!

A nice 23380 by The Few. Have never had anything from these guys. As usual, the hide and colour did it...

View attachment 79805View attachment 79806View attachment 79807View attachment 79808View attachment 79809
View attachment 79810View attachment 79811

Great price too. 'PayPal in 4' will allow for some more of the higher priced Yahoo Japan listings in the near future...
Jacket and Elcan scope for my M240 are on the way....

mulceber

Looks great, Jan! Himel makes some nice jackets, but then I look at the prices. Oy!
I know! I’m really glad Vic got in touch about a trade plus cash for the ELC RW. I don’t think there’s any other way I’d end up owning one of these.

Awesome! jacket look like a very nice piece of leather !
Among the best I’ve seen - now I just need to find out what it is! o_O

Silver Surfer

b-man is right, get that collar up. when I wore it, I always had the collar up and the rounded lobes turned down a little so as to not bug my chin when turning my head. that second pic gives a good idea of those hides. I've never seen any hides like those on the himel, used by anyone, anywhere.

mulceber

Pop that collar up Jan!
It’ll add to the cool factor.

b-man is right, get that collar up. when I wore it, I always had the collar up and the rounded lobes turned down a little so as to not bug my chin when turning my head. that second pic gives a good idea of those hides. I've never seen any hides like those on the himel, used by anyone, anywhere.

What, you mean like this? ;)

IMG_5972.jpeg

Kermit3D

Great jacket just keeps getting better and better. Remind your height pls
Thanks a lot :)
The jacket is a Bill Kelso Dubow 27798 Liberty seal in size 42 Long. I am 1m88 tall and 75 kg.

Jacket size:
Shoulder to shoulder: 45.5 cm / 17.75 inches
Shoulder to cuff: 66 cm / 29 inches
Pit to pit: 56 cm / 22 inches
Length in the back from the collar seam including the wool: 62 cm / 24.5 inches

Now you know everything!