What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

NW Carver

1952, or thereabouts. The Werber that produced this contract was the same that had four A-2 contracts prior to WW2. At that point they were based in Newburgh, New York, although I suppose it's possible they migrated North prior to getting their Navy contract. The Talon zipper on that contract is certainly a Canadian make.

Oh and welcome back to the VLJ - beautiful collection of Navy jackets you have. :)
Thank you for clarifying that I must admit, my mind was a bit hazy on recollecting the details on the Werber - the jackets had all been stored away for a while while I made several home moves - and it’s only now that I have dug them all out again....Somewhere, I still have two A2s and an original Irvin - as well as some repro jackets..

and thank you, it’s good to be back on the forum

Nickb123

GW M-422. I believe the berry knits on this one were more fictional than historically accurate.

064F81A4-480B-4D7D-84BA-29C926F226F6.jpeg

entertainment

GW M-422. I believe the berry knits on this one were more fictional than historically accurate.

View attachment 79595
If I may quote from an old GW listing: "Also, we have gotten the dull purple knit seen on so many Gordon & Ferguson M-422A jackets."
I have no personal experience of any original M-422A jackets. I scrolled through the "A Better Fighting Garment" thread and some knits of the M-422s and M-422As look redder than others. But hard to tell from a photo and some could be replacements.

Nickb123

If I may quote from an old GW listing: "Also, we have gotten the dull purple knit seen on so many Gordon & Ferguson M-422A jackets."
I have no personal experience of any original M-422A jackets. I scrolled through the "A Better Fighting Garment" thread and some knits of the M-422s and M-422As look redder than others. But hard to tell from a photo and some could be replacements.

Thanks for that. This is a W&G, I’m not sure that was a feature of theirs.

In any event, if the moths go to town, I have some medium brown replacement knits from MASH. Very nicely made.