• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Black fleece Aero Irvin type under an original 'Bowker' hat. I bought the jacket new last year then personally re-dyed the exterior. I say personally as I carried out the work as I have done on many projects before.

The Bowker is a cross between a bowler and top hat and was a type sometimes worn by Winston Churchill.

IMG_20220122_144656_005~2_resize_64.jpg

Micawber

Always thought that hat looked smart on him. I've also heard it called a Cambridge Bowler.
winston-churchill-with-tommy-gun-english-school.jpg

Pugnacious! I've heard and seen it referred to as a Cambridge Bowler too but I prefer 'Bowker' as it's more take no BS term and saves confusion with the traditional rounded blower, or 'Coke' as they are occasionally called in certain circles. Bowker's are rare and relatively hard to come by.

YoungMedic

Black fleece Aero Irvin type under an original 'Bowker' hat. I bought the jacket new last year then personally re-dyed the exterior. I say personally as I carried out the work as I have done on many projects before.

The Bowker is a cross between a bowler and top hat and was a type sometimes worn by Winston Churchill.

View attachment 73435

Steve I feel like this torso shot could be the cover of a 70's rock album. So eclectic

B-Man2

View attachment 73435
Steve
You’ve taken that jacket and turned it into a real eye catcher and a much more accurate color than it was when it left Aero. If that’s a 46 or bigger and you get tired of it one day . Please put me at the head of the resale que:)

B-Man2

It’s a balmy 39F degrees here in Florida today o_O
WTF! I thought Florida was supposed to be warm ? Actually I’m pretty happy about the weather, as this is a jacket I’ve had for three years and have yet to wear it anywhere. It’s an ELC factory aged, Mixed Batch Perry size 46, still with the original tag on it . Sadly, I don’t get to wear it much, but I love it . Probably should think about moving it on at some point .
94380596-D3D6-4905-9BB5-58EFECBAD975.jpeg
5D595849-9576-4169-A89E-E6E8518EF4F4.jpeg
D6DB4731-D7A8-4867-AAEB-7EEAD029DBEF.jpeg
9BA89FC1-3439-48CA-AB00-BB04C00D72EE.jpeg

ausreenactor

It’s a balmy 39F degrees here in Florida today o_O
WTF! I thought Florida was supposed to be warm ? Actually I’m pretty happy about the weather, as this is a jacket I’ve had for three years and have yet to wear it anywhere. It’s an ELC factory aged, Mixed Batch Perry size 46, still with the original tag on it . Sadly, I don’t get to wear it much, but I love it . Probably should think about moving it on at some point .
View attachment 73451View attachment 73452View attachment 73453View attachment 73454
Mine will get a workout in Puckapunyal. AVI A-2 last night... Was 33° C during the day. Drops real quick at night.