• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

Tasty Shinki 27752 today. I actually am partial to the Army Air Forces roundrel. Maybe not on every jacket, but it’s a cool touch. The one thing John does nicely are his collars. ELCs need all kinds of shaping to look legit.

1AB63868-D424-4B2F-B907-898533CEADA0.jpeg

Tylbor

Last weekend was a bit rainy allowing me to wear my beloved 1st pattern M-65 jacket. It's perfectly trashed—I'm not sure if the word "distressed" can be used in this case. It is well worn, has few holes and paint stains of different color and texture. And of cours nice patches.
This beautiful canon is a monument placed to commemorate students of the University of Warsaw who fought during Polish-Soviet War.

IMG_6801.JPG
IMG_6803.JPG
IMG_6796.JPG

entertainment

Tasty Shinki 27752 today. I actually am partial to the Army Air Forces roundrel. Maybe not on every jacket, but it’s a cool touch. The one thing John does nicely are his collars. ELCs need all kinds of shaping to look legit.

View attachment 63948
Completely agree about John's ability to shape a collar. It was true from the first jacket I bought from him in 2009. One reason I hesitate to buy from other manufacturers.

Micawber

...or rather what jacket were you wearing around this time 23 years ago?

Mrs Micawber, Master Micawber [age a few months] and a 40 something me in PA while staying with veteran friends after attending a 91st BGMA reunion. I came across this photo this afternoon while looking for something else. No idea what the A2 jacket was. I still have the cap which proved to be a useful way for vets to ID me and Master Micawber still has that triangle A cap that was specially made for him. Fun and informative times with friends now long gone.

us & 909.jpg

Flightengineer

...or rather what jacket were you wearing around this time 23 years ago?

Mrs Micawber, Master Micawber [age a few months] and a 40 something me in PA while staying with veteran friends after attending a 91st BGMA reunion. I came across this photo this afternoon while looking for something else. No idea what the A2 jacket was. I still have the cap which proved to be a useful way for vets to ID me and Master Micawber still has that triangle A cap that was specially made for him. Fun and informative times with friends now long gone.

View attachment 63954

Steve, what a cool, warm photo clearly taken with a film camera before the soulless digital age!

Yesterday day was there and with the same ones, among the restorers, now crazy heat return back here and any jackets go to the closet.
With one of my favorite Yak-38 aircraft, now this bird finally ready for painting and will probably be painted by the end of summer or so.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Steve, what a cool, warm photo clearly taken with a film camera before the soulless digital age!

Yesterday day was there and with the same ones, among the restorers, now crazy heat return back here and any jackets go to the closet.
With one of my favorite Yak-38 aircraft, now this bird finally ready for painting and will probably be painted by the end of summer or so.

So Dmitry your new job is model?

You look absolutely classy in your gear ...