• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

It will happen, my friend -- my wife's is out of control! (her hair, that is -- no handlebar that I've noticed :D )

Good on your wife! ;)

I've not had much up top for years so kept what I did have cropped short but it is now sprouting from from the former bald bits too - I gather this could be a temporary phenomenon though. However if it grows up there again it will get cropped with the rest of it. My days of long flowing locks ended when flared trousers went out of fashion in the '70's :)

busdrivermike

In my schott 184 as I’m Out for a ride with a friend on this fabulous +14 c day
Ride out of town for Burgers then ride some more for coffee, a great day
C7A42AE8-13CA-41EA-B437-CFCB2D1C0455.jpeg
78C1E15F-431F-4DA4-8ED4-A47900AA41DD.jpeg

Chandler

May Day holiday in the Beskid Niski mountains — the land of Lemkos (please read about this ethnic group if you are not familiar with it).
The weather was good enough to take my beloved M1950 jacket.

View attachment 60073View attachment 60074
M1950? Looks like an M-43 from here.

*Edit: Sorry, I mis-read M1950 as M1951 -- I honestly don't know anything about the 1950 -- very unfamiliar. Can you show us some details? Does it have a zip like the 51, or is it basically a 43 re-labeled?

Last edited:

MaydayWei

Me too. Bloody terrific jackets and about as functional as they get. If the shit hit the fan and the zombie apocalypse happened or aliens invaded earth, you wouldn't be grabbing an A-2 as you fled out the door would you, nah good old Barbour.

Respectfully, you are incorrect. In a zombie apocalypse, you'd reach for your horsehide A2.
Same logic with wearing horsehide when falling off your motorbike; or wearing chain mail when swimming with sharks.
Horsehide will save you from the inevitable bite or two; waxed cotton might not ;)

Tylbor

M1950? Looks like an M-43 from here.

*Edit: Sorry, I mis-read M1950 as M1951 -- I honestly don't know anything about the 1950 -- very unfamiliar. Can you show us some details? Does it have a zip like the 51, or is it basically a 43 re-labeled?
According to my knowledge, M1950 was manufactured for the very short time, a year or two. It is basically anM1943 jacket with inside buttons for a liner. It has also different size system with small, medium, large etc.

IMG_9688.jpg
IMG_9700.jpg
IMG_9704.jpg