• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

flyincowboy

OUT FOR A DOGGIE WALK with my beloved
IMG_20210402_124615.jpg
GREAT DANE wearing my old Avirex A2 Goatskin bought the jacket in 2003
jacket is nice and comfortable

Grant

Almost too fragile to wear these days, but the H&L Block M422a sure is a comfortable jacket to wear. Patrol Squadron 8 were U-boat hunters flying PBM Mariners off the Atlantic coast during the war credited with a number of kills. According to Aota's Full Gear, this particular example is from the first of two Block M422a contracts dating to 1943. Aota also commented the sleeves were short, but they seem normal to me.

Block2.jpg
Block3.jpg
Block4.jpg
Block5.jpg

ausreenactor

Almost too fragile to wear these days, but the H&L Block M422a sure is a comfortable jacket to wear. Patrol Squadron 8 were U-boat hunters flying PBM Mariners off the Atlantic coast during the war credited with a number of kills. According to Aota's Full Gear, this particular example is from the first of two Block M422a contracts dating to 1943. Aota also commented the sleeves were short, but they seem normal to me.

View attachment 56811View attachment 56812View attachment 56813View attachment 56814

The patch is amazing. Have you seen another at any stage?

Dany McDonald

Very chilly today and I am not complaining as I can wear my cloth winter gear a bit longer than expected. I went for a bike ride on my vintage 1934 CCM motorbike in my Buzz Arnoff B-15A. A jacket that I love to wear for it's look, cut and history. From B-17 crews to the Korean war ground crews getting really dirty in grease & oil maintaining that pletoria of prop and jet airplanes of every type! And I think Buzz did a good job too in recreating the feel and look of this iconic jacket. The Knits should match the jacket color for authenticity, but Buzz tends to go a bit darker or just miss the original color on their repros.

Buzz_Arnoff_B15A.jpg

D

Thomas Koehle

View attachment 56811View attachment 56812View attachment 56813View attachment 56814

Awesome!

Smithy

Function over form this weekend...spent the weekend up in the mountains where it snowed the entire time, hence a very VLJ-unfashionable parka. Did the trick though. Back down now, it's looking like B-10 weather possibly unless it changes and pisses down.