• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

falcon_ib

IMG_4106.jpeg

Bronson B-10 while hiking

ties70

My new FiveStar B-10. I’ve been practically living in this since I got it. View attachment 51962

Chris,

I hope you took off the manufacturer tag in the meantime?!

Sorry, couldn't resist....

I have seen some of your Fivestar stuff over at @Shawn Ali 's FB Group, and it seems that you belong to the circle of jacket enthusiasts, whose measurements don't fit into the standard sizing charts, too.

Great, that we have more choices now! FS and you collaborated on some great looking jackets!

Ties

AlexLutov

So friends, I just paid for my bronson ma-1 and now I am waiting for delivery, it is worth noting that the feedback from these guys was on top, they answered all my questions without problems and without delay, by the way, they also reported that until the fall, 44 sizes are not expected at all and I had to buy my bronson not on the official website but on ebay..Thanks.
s-l1600.jpg

Micawber

An updated (downdated i.e. older ??) version of the classic Norfolk hacking jacket ?? Looks great for hacking about the fieldswith the canine chum.
glad it was warm enough for you to be out of sheepskin for a while
Cheers !

Spot on. That's one of three jackets (in fact that one is part of a suit) that I had copied from original 19th century examples either in my collection or belonging to a friend in his 80's who's great grandfather was a head horseman locally, or examples in other collections and museums. They are typical of what was essentially a short frock coat as worn by gamekeepers, shooting folk ...in fact you name it really.

bazzer

So friends, I just paid for my bronson ma-1 and now I am waiting for delivery, it is worth noting that the feedback from these guys was on top, they answered all my questions without problems and without delay, by the way, they also reported that until the fall, 44 sizes are not expected at all and I had to buy my bronson not on the official website but on ebay..Thanks.View attachment 51981
I have always found them excellent they will provide local tracking once in home country if you ask
Baz

WingAndaPrayer

Ye
Chris,

I hope you took off the manufacturer tag in the meantime?!

Sorry, couldn't resist....

I have seen some of your Fivestar stuff over at @Shawn Ali 's FB Group, and it seems that you belong to the circle of jacket enthusiasts, whose measurements don't fit into the standard sizing charts, too.

Great, that we have more choices now! FS and you collaborated on some great looking jackets!

Ties
Yes, I’ve removed the tag haha. I took that picture right after I put it on, upon delivery.
I’m very glad that FiveStar is so willing to make a custom jacket. I’ve contacted all the big 3 (GW, ELC, Platon) and no one would do my size.
I’m planning to get an A-2 next, I just have to decide between the Dubow, United Sheeplined or wait for the new star sportswear. It’s my understanding a new, more accurate seal horsehide leather is being developed just for the star jacket.