• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Steve27752

Just about perfect.

Outfit of the day:

GW A-2
Tudor Black Bay
Scrambled egg sandwich
Gap japanese denim jeans
Iron Ranger, freshly oiled

aero_gw_a-2.jpg

Pilot

C184A466-754D-483B-AC18-38E5877B5390.jpeg
Wow!
great combination...
Have a Pelagos ( and my Seiko Prospex Turtle ... revival ) with MN strap... great tool watch.
Great GW of yours.

ties70

Pilot,

the Pelagos looks great, too.

I originally wanted to have the Heritage Black Bay Dark...but decided otherwise before the purchase.

Am really happy with my choice:

tudor.jpg

Best regards,

Ties

Steve27752

Pilot,

the Pelagos looks great, too.

I originally wanted to have the Heritage Black Bay Dark...but decided otherwise before the purchase.

Am really happy with my choice:

tudor.jpg

Best regards,

Ties
Why not start a watch thread, what jacket were you wearing?

ties70

Just entered the building in...

cpo.jpg

Iron Rangers (again)
GAP Jeans
Chambray shirt
Woolen hunting vest
CPO shirt

Not quite visible are the Pike helmet bag and my watch, a '68 pre-moon Speedy

While the CPO shirt may not be a jacket by definition, it is definitely warm enough. Since I bought it a couple of years ago, it has become one of my most beloved pieces of clothing!

Here is the watch:

speedy.jpg

As you can see, this watch had a live.
It was purchased from the estate of a friend of my mother-in-law three years ago. This friend bought it from Omega in Switzerland in 1968, which makes it a pre-moon version of the Speedmaster that would later become so iconic for being the first watch on the moon.

Well, NASA bought their Omega watches early to mid Sixties, so even my watch might be a little too "new" to count as a proper "Moon Watch".

The watch is all original, and is in need of a service in short time.
The myth says that serviced watches come back to you like new...that would be a disaster, as I like it as it is..

Best regards,

Ties

Last edited:

Brettafett

Hi Smithy, yes, AVIs been around a little while. I stumbled upon them when I was in Denmark a couple of years ago. They had a couple of other generic A-1/ A-2 jackets at the time. Since then, they acquired an original WW2 Bronco and copied all the details and now offer a pretty decent Bronco repro. Its a dark russet/ light seal, but they have a 'slightly' updated russet version releasing next week... I have one on the way ;) Basically its been upgraded with a Talon M-39 zipper, a 'more' accurate label and a cross stitch at the bottom of the zipper.
I reviewed my jacket (and their 55J14 repro) on the other forum a while back, updated recently and am aiming to get a review up here when I get the time...
Nice jackets... Its not an Eastman or Goodwear, (mainly in that the hide used is not Shinki, Warhorse, Vicenza, Battlegoat or whatever... and some minute details) but its right up there. Very comfortable for an A-2, easy to wear and sizes run true to WW2 originals, i.e. I wear a 40/ 40 long ELC, GW, Aero etc... and a 42 in originals... a 42 in this jacket fits very well.
I don't think theres another mid-plus range repro, copied off an original WW2 jacket out there... For the price, can't go wrong.
A-2-bronco-original2.jpg

johnwayne

Not wishing to go off thread (again) but Andrew, keen to hear the latest developments at Biggin? Looking good by the way if not a little serious!