• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

N-2A by C.H. MASLAND & SONS
07E35C4C-815F-4948-9ACD-4BB9862926D0.jpeg

Smithy

i really like the longer cuffs!

I think the whole "all wartime issued A-2s came with short knits" is absolute hogwash. It's just not borne out by photos. Problem is wool shrinks over time due to the drying out of the fibres so you can't really base the length of wartime knits exclusively on surviving originals.

I've posted this umpteen times but it bears repeating...

QhwYiUn.jpg

I honestly think this whole "wartime A2's look like this" argument is pretty absurd.......
Whatever they could churn out in the thousands was what they could churn out.....one of the greatest strengths about "handmade" factory products is also their greatest weaknesses......that the pattern makers might have made a "standard" but that doesn't mean Mrs such and such will be 100% accurate for the 10 jackets she made before lunchtime which would be VASTLY different to the 20 she made after lunch

Brettafett

Brett,
i really like the longer cuffs!
Plus, the fact that you always add a little extra to the torso...
Best regards,
Ties

Thanks Ties! Yes, I find it extra inch length helps.

The cuffs may appear 'longer' possibly due to wide angle camera perspective, but in reality they are 3", same as all my BKs, Platon's A-2, GWs, ELC B-10, even the ATF Tanker lol