• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

We've got a full storm here today, and as usual inside the Arctic Circle for autumn it'll last for a couple of days at least. Full gale force winds and more, I wore an A-2 to take the kids to school but afterwards realised that was bloody hopeless, reverted to the waxed cotton Barbour ripoff (which is better than the actual Barbours I've had).

If I wasn't in such a rush I would have dragged out the Aero Barnstormer which laughs at this kind of weather!

ButteMT61

...reverted to the waxed cotton Barbour ripoff (which is better than the actual Barbours I've had).

Last time we were in UK two years back, we went to a Barbour store and as much as I wanted to buy one - esp being there - it didn't look as great as I had imagined it from pics. Bummed me out, but saved me a pretty penny. Or whatever you guys call money there :D

Smithy

Flightengineer

Dmitry, how did you get this jacket? Was it simply a case of trawling through EBay and what condition was it in, did you have to change cuffs etc..?

Hi, this MA-1 was discussed a little earlier here and you will find answers to your questions here (starting from post # 13)

If you need detailed photos of the jacket, let me know I can post it ;)

Edward

A splendid sneak preview of an early fall this week! This morning a lovely 68º with 12mph NNE winds... a low of 53º tonight!!!! Will be low 70s with overnights at mid 50s until thrusday so taking advantage by donning my Bronson Chinos, Dragonboot rough outs and a GW J.A. Dubow... its cloudy, breezy ... perfect for a short walk over to Home Depot to get a couple of things whilst lookin' all 40s and shit.... :p

IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG

Last edited:

Edward

Jacket looks like it was made for you.
Perfect fit ... and lookin trim. :)
down to 145 lbs. not sure exactly how.. tape worms maybe :D I don't eat a lot.. I eat but small portions and mostly chicken, bananas, apples grapes and some cheese. I don't get fancy with my meals any longer. no point. just fill the hole and get back to work... so that's keeping me trim. the jacket feels so great and I just don't want to take it off!!!!

ausreenactor

A splendid sneak preview of an early fall this week! This morning a lovely 68º with 12mph NNE winds... a low of 53º tonight!!!! Will be low 70s with overnights at mid 50s until thrusday so taking advantage by donning my Bronson Chinos, Dragonboot rough outs and a GW J.A. Dubow... its cloudy, breezy ... perfect for a short walk over to Home Depot to get a couple of things whilst lookin' all 40s and shit.... :p

View attachment 43884View attachment 43885

Looking slick! Jacket rocks. Background rocks!

Who did the patch?