• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Imuricecreamman

Trusty fivestar A1
Screenshot_20200520_131518_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

mulceber

Got a couple jackets to share today. Went out for our daily constitutional in my BK RW 23380.
A9879FD6-960D-4466-9C00-CF8236CE5AC5_1_105_c.jpeg

D74859A7-62F2-473B-8F3E-5DF860EA0E07_1_105_c.jpeg

The excitement came after we got home. A couple weeks ago I managed to nab a Bob Dong B-10 on eBay at a really good price, and it arrived late this afternoon. I was a bit apprehensive about the size, as a 24" pit-to-pit is larger than I normally go, but I'd say it came out pretty well:
5283DBF9-A91F-4D6E-860F-22412EE43CFA_1_105_c.jpeg

19E44C97-4348-44EB-8AA2-B370AAF66A1E_1_105_c.jpeg

C8D1C43A-E463-4534-A691-05F1123F81B3_1_105_c.jpeg

I'm really wowed by the quality of this jacket (at least relative to its cost). @Nnatalie remarked that the fabric is really nice, and it's going to make an extremely comfortable winter jacket for the days when I don't wear shearling. Definitely tried it on a few times just to remind myself how nice it feels.

Last edited:

mulceber

Thanks Burt! I’m already wishing the colder weather would come back. I mostly picked this one up so I’d have an alternative to the B-3, and I had no idea whether I’d like the cloth jackets, but it won me over quickly. Now I’m thinking a B-15 or B-15A (perhaps from a higher-end maker?) would round out my winter jacket choices nicely... ;)

Last edited:

Brettafett

Loving that RW23380 of yours. The second pic, the grain is really showing up.
What size is your BD? 42? Fits perfectly! Both those BD and Bronson B-10s are greats option for the cash!

mulceber

Loving that RW23380 of yours. The second pic, the grain is really showing up.
What size is your BD? 42? Fits perfectly! Both those BD and Bronson B-10s are greats option for the cash!

Yep, 42. It’s fits like a second skin - a second skin that feels like a really nice wool blanket. I’m really pleased with how the RW looks as well. Still wished it had a touch more length, but the look is hard to beat.

B-Man2

Yep, 42. It’s fits like a second skin - a second skin that feels like a really nice wool blanket. I’m really pleased with how the RW looks as well. Still wished it had a touch more length, but the look is hard to beat.
Jan
I’ll get pinged for saying this but I’ve owned both ELC and Buzz B-15 jackets and in my opinion, for the money being paid , Bob Dong and Bronson jackets are well worth the reduced cost difference of the tier 1 jackets.

mulceber

I appreciate that, Burt! Maybe I should stick with the cost-effective repros - frees up money for leather and shearling!

Now if only Bronson made a B-15 repro...I’d like to be able to compare their work to the Bob Dong offerings.