• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

MouseVF1

airfrogusmc said:
GW Dubow

_MG_6536.jpg

Looks like a great jacket (oh yes I do like A2's as well even though i'm a G1 nut)

Clive

airfrogusmc

Yeah I have a soft spot for G-1s also. I have a killer 7823C model size 48.

I also have a real nice Aero 6552.

Adam81

It's around 65 F /18 C here in the evenings, so I'v trying to get use out of my recently purchased A-2 as much as possible before the real summer heat!

IMG_1651.jpg

Vcruiser

Adam81 said:
It's around 65 F /18 C here in the evenings, so I'v trying to get use out of my recently purchased A-2 as much as possible before the real summer heat!

Looks like very hvy HH for an A2... US Authentic??
Van

Vcruiser

Adam81 said:
Vcruiser said:
Looks like very hvy HH for an A2... US Authentic??
Van

Aye, it is. (waiting for the comments from the purists :lol: ) Good call, by the way!

There are some here that own or have owned US Authentic repros. You look pretty happy with it. Now don't go asking for trouble...or a few of these jokers might intice you into a never ending addictive search for a 1940's clone in a box. Ignore all posts about GoodWear.....
Van

I sported my Few '38 Aero A-2 around Kyoto and the Indy race at Motegi for 10 days. I took delivery of it an hour before the flight to Japan.

I picked up my Few M-444 last Thursday night and gave it an outing watching my son play rugby yesterday on a cold day in Christchurch, NZ.

BEVAN

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bristolherc said:
I sported my Few '38 Aero A-2 around Kyoto and the Indy race at Motegi for 10 days. I took delivery of it an hour before the flight to Japan.

I've seen this one, and it's truly amazing ... the best yet, of the Bevan special orders.

I hope there's pictures soon ....

shanghai joe

deeb7 said:
bristolherc said:

I've seen this one, and it's truly amazing ... the best yet, of the Bevan special orders.

I hope there's pictures soon ....

Dave,

Love the fit of yer jkt in your avatar!

ol joe

taikonaut

bristolherc said:

I picked up my Few M-444 last Thursday night and gave it an outing watching my son play rugby yesterday on a cold day in Christchurch, NZ.

BEVAN

Hi Bevan,
Do you have the measurement of your Aero 38. Mine seems a little big for a 38 but not sure if that is standard for all Aero?

It was the Few, should have read that clearly but instead mistook it for a vintage. :oops:

shanghai joe

deeb7 said:
shanghai joe said:
Dave,

ol joe

Thanks Joe, it's a size 40 BR, hoping it's cold enough to wear it this Winter ... :)

how did you manage to get a BR..........they're as rare as poosies with fangs......OK a bit of exxageration but you get me drift! brrrrrrrrrr........shiver.... shiver

Roughwear

shanghai joe said:
deeb7 said:
shanghai joe said:
Dave,

ol joe

Thanks Joe, it's a size 40 BR, hoping it's cold enough to wear it this Winter ... :)

how did you manage to get a BR..........they're as rare as poosies with fangs......OK a bit of exxageration but you get me drift! brrrrrrrrrr........shiver.... shiver

For the sunday afternoon half brain dead amongst us, what exactly is a "poosie with fangs"?

BTW it is too hot for flight jackets during the day in the UK at present. Temperature was 27c this lunchtime.

John Lever

Andrew, 29 deg. C here today, so no chance of any jackets. I hope Bevan will share photos of his new custom Few M444.

shanghai joe

For the sunday afternoon half brain dead amongst us, what exactly is a "poosie with fangs"?

poosie as in phonetics........ :twisted:

just trying to be original........as rare as hen's teeth is so impasse'

there I go again..........it's a leather jkt forum................................. :lol:

shanghai joe

John Lever said:
My dad's favourite was always ' rare as guardsman's s**t in India '

thanks John! I'll keep that one handy! :lol: blame all this talk on the weather.......don't blame it on Rio.........(OK the latter is a movie by Rita Hayworth)!

ooooops time for my medication.........sniff sniff..........ahhhhhhhhhhhh better already!

better duck

shanghai joe said:
ooooops time for my medication.........sniff sniff..........ahhhhhhhhhhhh better already!

Would that be hayfever? If so, here's another sufferer. Strange thing is, I didn't know what it was till some 6-7 years ago. After that taking little blue pills (no, smaller than those... :D ) helped. This year, blue pills, white pills, I just keep sniffing, tearing, and sneezing away.
BTW: to hot here today for any jacket: temperatures in the high 20-ies Centigrade here in Holland. Still, I keep my ELC Werber at hand for some remotely possible evening chill...

zoomer

Another satisfied Werber wearer here. 64° and slightly breezy yesterday; I wore mine for a pleasant outdoor lunch, then took it for a good hard walk. Got a little hot under the collar during the latter activity, but that might have been due to my long red fireman's shirt.

The 1729 is pleasantly lightweight, perhaps 2 oz. horse, and tho it is closely cut thru the shoulders and sleeves, it is very comfortable and easy to move in. The light "caramel russet" shade with matching cuffing and the one-of-a-kind hardware combine to make it a real tour de force.

Think I'll take some pix and write a review...