• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Daughters 18th birthday today so as it was not raining and blowing a gale for a change a ride back from the ale house for her and her friend in the Jeep was in order. Driven by this old bloke dressed in an ELC RW B-3 etc ;)

88087525_493624501545764_5001644902598049792_nA.jpg

stanier

Daughters 18th birthday today so as it was not raining and blowing a gale for a change a ride back from the ale house for her and her friend in the Jeep was in order. Driven by this old bloke dressed in an ELC RW B-3 etc ;)

View attachment 33006

Blimey Micawber, if Stephen King sees that pic you'll be due some royalties! Those gloves...! I've seen Coronation Street...:)

ties70

Ties Looks kinda "unreal" to see you in an Environment other than a Elevator ... :)

Nice Company btw ...

Thomas,

you are too clever to fall for my elaborate scam:

"Unreal" is the correct word.... I have rendered all my elevator pictures into one file to create a high-res "me". then I added the little girl from a photo database..,..put her next to me with "copy & paste"....the beach is an old photo wallpaper from the 70s..

...and of course everything was put together in my favourite elevator, which I clad in green fabric to have a perfect "green screen".

And if you consider this too much effort to produce a simple snapshot, you should see me when I spend hours to turn perfect photos into sh*tty looking elevator pics!

;) Ties

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Thomas,

you are too clever to fall for my elaborate scam:

"Unreal" is the correct word.... I have rendered all my elevator pictures into one file to create a high-res "me". then I added the little girl from a photo database..,..put her next to me with "copy & paste"....the beach is an old photo wallpaper from the 70s..

...and of course everything was put together in my favourite elevator, which I clad in green fabric to have a perfect "green screen".

And if you consider this too much effort to produce a simple snapshot, you should see me when I spent hours to turn perfect photos into sh*tty looking elevator pics!

;) Ties

Egypt?

Smithy

Ridiculously cold for here this morning -11 ambient air temperature, -26 effective. Far too cold for vintage flying jackets, I wussed out and dragged out the Canada Goose parka and very pleased I did too because I had to be outside in it for a couple of hours, otherwise bits of me would have started to drop off. Wore my MASH A-10s but it was right on the limit for them and the ends of my fingers were numb when I eventually got inside.

The little fella - even though he'd been reminded 4 times that he needed mittens - forgot them and ended up having to wear his ski shoes on his hands until we got to kindy ;-)

Micawber

Not today but but my daughter took this photo of me watching the moon rise recently while clad in my Mk1a cloak of ultimate invisibility. I'm standing just to the right of the horse trough. I prefer the collar to the Mk2.

Someone was selling a mint Mk3 on the 'bay last month but it was way out of my price range.

Moon.jpg

;) I'll get me coat.....​

newagegeezer

Not today but but my daughter took this photo of me watching the moon rise recently while clad in my Mk1a cloak of ultimate invisibility. I'm standing just to the right of the horse trough. I prefer the collar to the Mk2.

Someone was selling a mint Mk3 on the 'bay last month but it was way out of my price range.

View attachment 33109

;) I'll get me coat.....​
did it come with a pair of X-ray specs ?
I want one anyway !

Griffon_301

It is Warm enough for my new BR HBT today again...I am loving it already for it is a great piece of kit and can be worn underneath any of my Navy jackets easily....and the details on it are great-justnlook at that button....

Attachments

• 20200307_120724.jpg
    20200307_120724.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 183

Smithy

Spectacularly mild today. We've been between around -5 Celsius for the best part of a week but today it shot up to +5.

I got by with my AVI Bronco. Shame they don't make them like this anymore because this generation of AVI jackets really were the best.