What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

You are so right...but given that Red Wing boots for example beat the usual shoes you are able to buy here in shops, it's a no brained for me...I'd rather wear quality that lasts for years than stuff you can throw away after only two or three years...
And doing another quick calculation, my ELC B-3 is over 20 years old and cost me about 1000€ back then when I bought it so over the years of usage, that a mere 50 euros a year...a good average for a great jacket....

Pilot

The recent versions are by far not as nice... by all means... fleece, quality and comfort of wearing... Tried in the local Korean agent‘s outlet...hmmm...:confused:

Smithy

Got back from up in the mountains. A nice, crisp -8 to -10, loads of snow, 1 to 2 metres (spent 2 hours shovelling snow round about and out to the outdoor dunny). Very much thermals, wool and parka weather. Apologies for no photo of the parka but with surroundings like this who wants to look at a stupid parka? ;-)

Griffon_301

Re ANJ-4....would be interesting how their new Poughkeepsie version compares with their house version...and how Aero ANJ-4s again compare to the ELC ANJ-4s....

Griffon_301

Further on the ANJ-4 from ELC...I was trying one at Duxford 5 years ago IIRC as I was in for a new shearling back then. The jacket I tried (the only one they had at their stall) in size 44 felt like armor, very stiff and I did not like the overall feeling in it...I went for a Irvin and have not regretted the decision ever since...but still, if I ever get across a good ANJ-4 or even better a M-444 or 445, I might be tempted...I was even looking for a W&G Navy shearling in my size recently, but that's a different story....