• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

It really is a stunning B-3 that Nick. The smile is better, there's already enough grumpy buggers on the internet ;-)

Ties!

I told ya: the GREEEEN parka - not the blue one

yqfn2rT.jpg

original parka i got from Burt (was a steal - THX Burt again for that unbeatable Price) along with THEDI Leather cafe-racer, LEVIS 501 and harness boots

since most of the Managers in automotive Business decided not to wear ties any longer i stick to my Tradition to do it always "the other way around" and picked a tie from my inventory

was funny how many workmates already asked what Kind of Special Event i'm celebrating today ...

Looking swish as always Thomas.

Saint-ex

Well sorry to be that direct but all those asymetrical knots are for beginners only ... - i use the "Windsor knot" (so called double-knot) technique which is for experienced "old School" wearers only :)
I take the risk of sounding like a beginner, but I like.

So which kinda automotive are you doin'?
If you are talking to me, I'm in lighting industry. For an almost famous french automotiv supplier. ;)

newagegeezer

Dismal, damp morning in East London UK
IMG_3209.JPG
, so a US Officer's O'coat (trenchcoat to us) for trip to P.O. to post off an original 1941 Irvin I just sold on ebay. Also have a very large sized (46R), one of these trenchcoats on ebay finishing soon if anyone interested.
Cheers

B-Man2

Clear and crisp -2° C in Hamburg this morning...

REED Products Inc., N-3A, with Crown zipper and a nice coyote fur....heading for the Christmas market later, otherwise this would be far too warm:

View attachment 28023
Jacket looks real nice Ties.
d it have a Roundel on the shoulder
Ties!

I told ya: the GREEEEN parka - not the blue one

yqfn2rT.jpg

original parka i got from Burt (was a steal - THX Burt again for that unbeatable Price) along with THEDI Leather cafe-racer, LEVIS 501 and harness boots

since most of the Managers in automotive Business decided not to wear ties any longer i stick to my Tradition to do it always "the other way around" and picked a tie from my inventory

was funny how many workmates already asked what Kind of Special Event i'm celebrating today ...
Thomas
The jacket looks great on you . Thanks for the kind words..
Cheers

Smithy

Very nice seal B3 Arty. I’m in my Elc rough wear it’s a bit oversized and I’d be happy to swap with someone. Mines a 44 but I’d prefer a 38 or 40 in a roughwear redskin or an all seal 50cal would be good View attachment 28054

Art I wouldn't size down with that at all. B-3s, Irvins were designed to be worn with multiple layers for warmth and were deliberately oversized. One of the worst looks is a trim fitting heavy weight shearling jacket. At an absolute push you could drop to a 42 but you really wouldn't want to go lower than that. Sure it's only one photo but from here that 44 looks period correct.

Artie

Wow art I love that RW!! Look at that grain!! What’s the story on the patch? Did you put it on? Was it a bomb group from the war?
Very nice seal B3 Arty. I’m in my Elc rough wear it’s a bit oversized and I’d be happy to swap with someone. Mines a 44 but I’d prefer a 38 or 40 in a roughwear redskin or an all seal 50cal would be good View attachment 28054

crism1

I think it follows the lines of your core gracefully. Doesn't look oversized at all