• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

petermack09

Oooh err! If ya have to carry poo bags maybe you need to visit the bathroom before ya leave ;)
The love of my life,,and wen you pick up the mess,,good quality poo bags retain the heat and it can act like hand warmers :),,every cloud and all that :)
46693666-77C1-4449-8F20-991A445980D9.jpeg

Smithy

View attachment 27236Temperatures dropping,,ANJ 4 getting pressed into service again tonight View attachment 27235

It that the highest temperature for the entire day?

If so that's impressive because we're inside the Arctic Circle and that's nearly as cold as we were the weekend before when we only had a high of -8 over the whole weekend. It was gusty though here so we were -21 to -23 with windchill ;-)

petermack09

No,,that was taken as I was taking the dogs last walk ,,it gets pretty cold up here in the wilds,but you get used to it ,,I used to work outdoors for many years so I’ve become pretty immune to it,,it’s just a case of wearing the right clothes.i would rather have -20 all through our winter rather than the mild and damp rainy weather any day,,& my dogs would rather have deep snow & freezing streams to a hot bath,,:)

Smithy

The Norwegians have a saying here, det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær, which translates to - there's no bad weather, just bad clothing.

I find +1 to +2 Celsius and sleet or freezing rain much worse than minus something. At least with low minus it's a dry cold. Saying that seriously cold and wind can be pretty uncomfortable (and dangerous) if you're not dressed properly. We can get some stuff here and even more so when we're up in the mountains where even an Irvin can't cut it.

Micawber

Cold today so this morning front and centre with an ELC RW B3 for a trip to the distillery to restock and to have lunch with Mrs M. Worn here with stout Hoggs Brogues & Moleskins, Barbour thermal shirt and ...well do you really want to know about the socks and underwear? No, I thought not ;)

IMG_20191119_142153553[1]A.jpg

Then later an ELC B15 while bringing this young lady and a couple of other smaller GG's in for the night.. Different shirt, Jeans, Dubarry boots, Algha gold rimmed specs but same socks and underwear. Norfolk mud, grass, hedges, trees, sky and clouds. TMI?
IMG_20191119_154840500[1]A.jpg

Last edited: