• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Grant

Thought it's be cool to see not all originals had a ton of grainy horsehide. This Cable has kind of smooth front, and some nice grain to the back. It's crazy how Cable's are some of the most comfortable fitting A-2's

Cable1a.jpg

CableII.jpg

Lorenzo_l

A truly gorgeous Cable there, Grant, and looks like a wearer to boot! Can you tell us a bit more about it, please? Size? Provenance? How long you've had it for? Cheers

Grant

Thanks. It's a roomy size 42 that I've had it a couple years now. I'm not big on research, but was told the original owner was a big wheel who commanded a bomb group. One of these days I'll do some digging and see what I come up with.

Micawber

I'll probably get run off the forum for this but I have to say that my Missus gets a bit iffy when I ask her to take a photo of me so that I can post it up on an online forum for other guys to critique which goes some way to explain why I don't make a habit of doing so. I'll probably also get chastised for not appearing clad in this or that flight jacket. What the hell.

We had lunch and did a bit of shopping at our local distillery today which provided the cue for a photo op beside my latest batch of something good .

Barbour Solway Zipper wax jacket & thermal shirt, Ratcatcher moleskins, Hoggs brogues and Mk1 "mess with my booze at your peril" face.

Ok, it's a joke so irate rants not required, but feel free if you must :)

Oct 16 2019.jpg

Last edited:

Carl

I'll probably get run off the forum for this but I have to say that my Missus gets a bit iffy when I ask her to take a photo of me so that I can post it up on an online forum for other guys to critique which goes some way to explain why I don't make a habit of doing so. I'll probably also get chastised for not appearing clad in this or that flight jacket. What the hell.

We had lunch and did a bit of shopping at our local distillery today which provided the cue for a photo op beside latest my batch of something good .

Barbour Solway Zipper wax jacket & thermal shirt, Ratcatcher moleskins, Hoggs brogues and Mk1 "mess with my booze at your peril" face.

View attachment 25563
"..Evening squire !.."

Officer Dibley

We had lunch and did a bit of shopping at our local distillery today which provided the cue for a photo op beside latest my batch of something good .

View attachment 25563

Roudham Steve ?
That’s a Solway ? I thought the Solway was the heavier cotton, chest pocket ( no handwarmers) & a belt ??

Micawber

You wrong ? I want proof of that Steve . Never heard such rot ! ;)
I’d no idea that Barbour had changed the Solway - heresey !!

Now this illustrates something,
1. I made a mistake. Hands up, I admit it, I made a mistake. I was or course wearing a Beaufort.
2. Distillery's can confuse the mind o_O
3. I'm sad enough to have just gone out and pulled all my waxed Barbours off that particular peg to take this:

Some Barbours.jpg

Still standing by for a tirade of abuse from one particular individual in the same vein as the one I received some months ago.

Carl

Now this illustrates something,
1. I made a mistake. Hands up, I admit it, I made a mistake. I was or course wearing a Beaufort.
2. Distillery's can confuse the mind o_O
3. I'm sad enough to have just gone out and pulled all my waxed Barbours off that particular peg to take this:

View attachment 25573

Still standing by for a tirade of abuse from one particular individual in the same vein as the one I received some months ago.
Did I miss something Steve ????.