• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

We have enough eastern European muscle on the 'ramp' to stop a riot if one were to occur. Less 'stuff' coming over the wire than the last two times. If only the locals would stop doing dumb shit with the aircraft? Three MD-530 crashes since I have been here. Catastrophic damage to UH-60s.... And if you don't fly low...the can't shoot the aircraft.. 'We' have to be lucky every day. 'They' only have to get lucky once...

If I am this bad with something I haven't paid for God knows how I am going to be with the car when my oldest learns to drive/borrows the car?

Pilot

We have enough eastern European muscle on the 'ramp' to stop a riot if one were to occur. Less 'stuff' coming over the wire than the last two times. If only the locals would stop doing dumb shit with the aircraft? Three MD-530 crashes since I have been here. Catastrophic damage to UH-60s.... And if you don't fly low...the can't shoot the aircraft.. 'We' have to be lucky every day. 'They' only have to get lucky once...

If I am this bad with something I haven't paid for God knows how I am going to be with the car when my oldest learns to drive/borrows the car?
Like what you are doing for us overthere...
Cannot thank you enough.
Stay safe!

Flightengineer

At the moment it is mid-40s in southern Afghanistan. I only have an ATF N-4 jacket I bought as a close out. Still in the bag of course (that's how I roll).

It is cold enough in the rooms to wear it. Crazy good A/C over here.

Careful there, buddy, take care. I see little has changed in this hot paradise in 30 years since I was there the last time.

robrinay

This is one today with a pair of Wrangler 13mwz’s as it’s a pretty short style. It’s a Sears Roebuck Hercules - brown leather label

Attachments

• B03CA7BB-B18B-4E7B-AF05-F2F628764067.jpeg
    B03CA7BB-B18B-4E7B-AF05-F2F628764067.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 213

ausreenactor

Thanks for your support. There are LOT of good people from the USA, Canada and Sweden (one Pilot only, but he plays on our Hockey team so he is GTG). And probably two bearded, Glock carrying contractors for every Soldier, Sailor and Airman over here? I could have a job on twice the pay with the Defence contractor supporting us. The Personnel Advisory Committee are throwing me up to E-9 at the end of the year so I have to stick around. I will be the Australian Army's 'Aviation Operations Senior Manager'. There will be only one of me, so I guess I make up my own rules from Jan 2020?
Thanks again. I was going to buy a brand new A-2 jacket, as I have on every operational deployment; however, Tianna has given me the green light on a 2013-2014 BMW M135i this time. The bug bit two years ago when I purchased a mate's M118i. So much car for the dollar. 'Bella' the M118i will sit for a couple of years until Madelaine starts learning to drive..
Stay classy.

B-Man2

Great to get your take on things like this because all we ever get from news reports are the catastrophic events. Glad to hear there’s a “Beamer” in the works, please send us a few photos of the place, we’d like to hear from you and keep you in our thoughts. Anything you can send and get past the censors we’d like to see.
Cheers to you and all the people like you who keep us safe!!
Thank you!!

Last edited:

Greg Gale

Impressive! The fit is not too different from your Platon Dubow, but I like the lengths of this one better. It also seems roomy in the torso but - like the other one - in a good, ww2 looking way. The color is just perfect. Is it different from Platon’s? Can’t wait to read a full review and please post the measurements too.

Brettafett

I have not had a lot of time to compare. That said... The leather is slightly lighter in colour, but not by much... gorgeous grain and character, with variances over jacket. I'd say this one has a bit more grain in places... But this in no way lessens Platon's Dubow.
There is a bit less room in the torso in this one, so that feels good to me, but that might be due other factors...
Shoulders feel a touch trimmer, theres a bit more of a pull when I lift my arms... The waist knit is tighter for sure, so it sits better... I absolutely love the knits, defo a notch up on ELC (I need to inspect closer to see if they are the same as those on Platon's jacket...)
When I put the jackets side by side for a quick compare last night, they looked almost identical. Both jackets exude quality and craftsmanship.
Yes, my sincerest humble opinion and not intending to knock anyone, but these jackets sit right next to any GW or ELC.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I have not had a lot of time to compare. That said... The leather is slightly lighter in colour, but not by much... gorgeous grain and character, with variances over jacket. I'd say this one has a bit more grain in places... But this in no way lessens Platon's Dubow.
There is a bit less room in the torso in this one, so that feels good to me, but that might be due other factors...
Shoulders feel a touch trimmer, theres a bit more of a pull when I lift my arms... The waist knit is tighter for sure, so it sits better... I absolutely love the knits, defo a notch up on ELC (I need to inspect closer to see if they are the same as those on Platon's jacket...)
When I put the jackets side by side for a quick compare last night, they looked almost identical. Both jackets exude quality and craftsmanship.
Yes, my sincerest humble opinion and not intending to knock anyone, but these jackets sit right next to any GW or ELC.
Bretta
Good honest opinion particularly the last line.
Thanks for the info.
Cheers

B-Man2

I’m in Glasgow Scotland,,I’ve been wearing this jacket about the house nonstop..but this has been the worst summer ever here,,non stop rain & pretty cold-,,actually had to wear a scarf walking the dog,,,in June ‍♂
Some guys have all the luck;)

I’m in Florida .... average year around temperature ... about 68 degrees F
If anybody ever decides to buy a jacket from me it’s always in mint shape