• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

MeachamLake

Great day out at Duxford IWM today! My first time visiting. Amazing place to visit even if you have only a passing interest in aviation - the place is absolutely enormous and contains what surely must be one of the best collections of aircraft anywhere in the world.

The American Air Museum contained within the complex is incredible, hosting the only SR-71 outside the USA. It also had a few jackets on display...

DDD78173-3DAF-4DAD-B67E-4FE9D4261F45.jpeg

1279D6DE-B81B-4DBD-86B1-F28906C20289.jpeg

92B5DC36-9C6E-491B-8D83-DBCEBB6DAA5C.jpeg

948FF96A-5A97-4C87-8ACD-D81955F63608.jpeg

Micawber

Aye, it is a gem to be sure, used to live just a few miles away so it was a regular haunt.
If it were not for the efforts of a few enthusiasts in the early 70s it would probably be a housing estate now.

Last edited:

wittmann

Great day out at Duxford IWM today! My first time visiting. Amazing place to visit even if you have only a passing interest in aviation - the place is absolutely enormous and contains what surely must be one of the best collections of aircraft anywhere in the world.

The American Air Museum contained within the complex is incredible, hosting the only SR-71 outside the USA. It also had a few jackets on display...

View attachment 17138
View attachment 17137
View attachment 17139
View attachment 17140
wow, wonderful place and photos!!!
I'm missing UK right now.....

tjoenn

What a sweet original you got there Tjoenn! Plus, it's a wearer and it fits! Can you tell us how you got it, please? Provenance?
Thanks! I got it from a member here. I posted a WTB and just happened that when I arrived in Florida for a visit last year, a message from a US member waited for me with the offer to buy this jacket. That person bought it from another member here, but unfortunately that's all I know about it, no provenance. It's been redyed, as can be seen from inside the pockets, but it was done masterfully, no flaking whatsover, and then re-issued, you can just barely see the u.s. airforce decal. No issues with the leather, original lining just worn around the neck, but knits are not original. I will never part with this jacket. It's normally on display, but I wear it from time to time.

gav

View attachment 17138
View attachment 17137
View attachment 17139
View attachment 17140
Nice. I was exactly there on friday