• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Thomas Koehle

Got my AERO halfbelt in Cordovan Horehide out today ...

MhxbMG4.jpg

to keep "in style" i combined with Grey brushed Cotton herringbone fishtail-back Pants with matching waistcoat both from "DARCY CLOTHING" in UK, matching cap and with ex Canadian Army ankle boots

the jacket ain't that reddish red in reality - in real the Color Looks much more "Understatement" which gives a pretty cool Impression - highly satisfied with the jacket

Silver Surfer

those soviet jackets turn up on greedbay. most are worn to hell, though. now and again though, a nice clean one will show up. there are subtle changes on the ones issued in the '40s from the ones issued up to the '70s. early ones had no or one chest zippered pocket, and the later ones had two. panel configurations changed as well. most that come up for sale come from russia, ukraine and sometimes eastern europe. if you see one ya like be sure to ask for specific measurements, as the sellers usually are "vague" about measurements, or measure improperly.

B-Man2

those soviet jackets turn up on greedbay. most are worn to hell, though. now and again though, a nice clean one will show up. there are subtle changes on the ones issued in the '40s from the ones issued up to the '70s. early ones had no or one chest zippered pocket, and the later ones had two. panel configurations changed as well. most that come up for sale come from russia, ukraine and sometimes eastern europe. if you see one ya like be sure to ask for specific measurements, as the sellers usually are "vague" about measurements, or measure improperly.
Vic
Thanks, I sincerely appreciate your help with this.
Regards
Burt

Nickb123

Ken said some time ago Aero may stock this model??

Really fascinating jackets...Lend Lease and Aero of Beacon NY's production of jackets for Russia in WWII. Apparently a lot of them.

geoff.adams.96

Geoff

Collectrussia.com

Go here see if that works let me know.
I've found it, thank you! It's a beauty but it looks like it might be just a little tight for me, I'm a 44 chest with the need for a bit more room around the belly (it is going down slowly with some hard work in the gym [emoji5]). I'll contact them and see what they say, but I'm also very interested in the fact Aero might be making some. I think I'll do a really thorough search of these and see what there is out there before I pull the trigger. Thank you again! They are extremely ruddy nice aren't they!!!

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

B-Man2

I've found it, thank you! It's a beauty but it looks like it might be just a little tight for me, I'm a 44 chest with the need for a bit more room around the belly (it is going down slowly with some hard work in the gym [emoji5]). I'll contact them and see what they say, but I'm also very interested in the fact Aero might be making some. I think I'll do a really thorough search of these and see what there is out there before I pull the trigger. Thank you again! They are extremely ruddy nice aren't they!!!

Seriously cool jackets.
I hope Ken sees this new post and let’s us know if this jacket might be in the future at aero. I would prefer a repro on this as well .
How about it Ken ????

Smithy

I've got quite a lot of pics of the Soviet MiG pilots from the Korean War and there's a lot of pics of guys wearing these jackets. The chest pocket configuration seems to differ, as I've got pics of jackets with 1 left chest pocket, 2 chest pockets and no chest pockets. If anyone is interested I can post some snaps.

Lorenzo_l

I've got quite a lot of pics of the Soviet MiG pilots from the Korean War and there's a lot of pics of guys wearing these jackets. The chest pocket configuration seems to differ, as I've got pics of jackets with 1 left chest pocket, 2 chest pockets and no chest pockets. If anyone is interested I can post some snaps.

Hi Smithy,

I am curious about those Korean war pilots' pictures you have. I understand that on the US Air Force side, a mix of jackets were used, as some WW2 veterans were wearing their old A-2s while flying jets, whereas younger pilots were wearing mostly nylon jackets. US Navy pilots seem to have been were wearing G-1s (among others?). I know little or nothing about what North Korean, Chinese and Russian pilots were wearing in the cockpit (or outside), but I have seen the occasional picture of MiG pilots clad in leather. Would you care to share some of those pictures? Probably a new thread on the subject would be the appropriate venue for this. The photo threads in this forum are great and one on the war in Korea would probably be in order! Thanks.

Lorenzo.

Last edited:

Smithy

Hi Smithy,

I am curious about those Korean war pilots' pictures you have. I understand that on the US Air Force side, a mix of jackets were used, as some WW2 veterans were wearing their old A-2s while flying jets, whereas younger pilots were wearing mostly nylon jackets. US Navy pilots seem to have been were wearing G-1s (among others?). I know little or nothing about what North Korean, Chinese and Russian pilots were wearing in the cockpit (or outside), but I have seen the occasional picture of MIG pilots clad in leather. Would you care sharing some of those pictures? Probably a new thread on the subject would be the appropriate venue for this. The photo threads in this forum are great and one on the war in Korea would probably be in order! Thanks.

Lorenzo.

No problem. It will have to be this evening though when I have the time to scan some.

For the 4th and 51st FIWs (my interest in the Korean War), some of the old hands wore their old issued A-2s, Jabby became the first jet on jet ace whilst wearing his - I've actually posted a colour photo of him just after doing this, if you do a search it should come up.

geoff.adams.96

Yes please!