• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Thomas Koehle

"THE DONG" N1 deck jacket early Version with the external pockets and clasps instead of buttons

bought a couple of years ago this jacket was a very early production run of BOB DONG - layer wise and weight-wise comparable with the "PIKE BROTHERS" deck jackets

very warm - a bit stiff but fully windproofed

another proof that there are tremendous differences within the different production lots

anyway - additional to the jacket original USN postwar (1970ies???) bellbottoms and a black USN marked scarf also from BD (do not dare to write the "D" word here ...)

vaafTct.jpg

R8usZ5k.jpg

IRM5TAg.jpg

after more than 2 years in Mexico and 12 years working abroad back in friggin cold Germany enjoying my lill' Workshop watching TV (American Chopper - What a crap - what a crap - ... crap - ... crap - ... cra...) and wrenching a bit or the other way around

Last edited:

B-Man2

"THE DONG" N1 deck jacket early Version with the external pockets and clasps instead of buttons

bought a couple of years ago this jacket was a very early production run of BOB DONG - layer wise and weight-wise comparable with the "PIKE BROTHERS" deck jackets

another proof that there are tremendous differences within the different production lots

anyway - additional to the jacket original USN postwar (1970ies???) bellbottoms and a black USN marked scarf also from BD (do not dare to write the "D" word here ...)

vaafTct.jpg

R8usZ5k.jpg

IRM5TAg.jpg

after more than 2 years in Mexico and 12 years working abroad back in friggin cold Germany enjoying my lill' Workshop watching TV (American Chopper - What a crap - what a crap - ... crap - ... crap - ... cra...) and wrenching a bit or the other way around
Like the jacket but that bike is badass!

Juanito

Ri

vaafTct.jpg

R8usZ5k.jpg

IRM5TAg.jpg

Right on--motorcycles!

Technonut2112

Good looking jacket!
In about a year it’s going to look super.

Agreed, it’s a very nice jacket.

Thanks! :) It's going to be a tough nut to crack, but since I've lost weight, my GW RW 27752 is a bit looser than I like, so the Dubow will be getting more than it's share of wear over the next foreseeable few years to hopefully put a dent into it. ;) I'll probably eBay the GW RW sometime soon and just order another Dubow in russet since I like this seal so much. I'm kind of concerned with the differences I've seen in the hide selection though, and would rather have close to the same kind of smooth-grain / pronounced-grain panels in this stiffer HH my seal is made from, than some of the totally grainy, supple-looking, Vicenza-type HH I've seen in other pics.

Technonut2112

Loving this jacket. Say, is that mid brown knit? I assumed they were exclusively coming with the purplish berry brown? Could just be the lighting.

Thanks... I am very pleased with it. :) No, not mid-brown.. it has the purplish knits... just my piss-poor lighting skills. :oops: One of these days I'll learn to use my camera better. ;)

Brettafett

Good luck, as soon as you have a handle... the light will change and they'll go blue :D
Well, whatever Platon's doing, those jackets look very, very good for the money.
Probably the best accuracy/quality/price A-2 repro out there at the mo.

Technonut2112

Good luck, as soon as you have a handle... the light will change and they'll go blue :D
Well, whatever Platon's doing, those jackets look very, very good for the money.
Probably the best accuracy/quality/price A-2 repro out there at the mo.

Yes, after searching the globe regularly for years, I agree.. I'm hoping that Platon will start some other Dubow contracts like I read he may somewhere. I'm impressed with the HH used, great quality knits, Japanese Talon, and United Carr snap repros, etc.. Right down to the pocket tag, the best A-2 repro I've seen for the $$.

I challenged myself to come-up with an accurate representation of the knit color, along-side the knit wristband on my Buzz ST B-10:

DSCF0702.JPG