• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Skyranger

Nice jacket. Curious as to why you went for seal?
Have not seen much regs the BK Monarch. I've had one on order for over 10 months now(!) :oops:

When I bought it about ten years ago I had no historical knowledge about the A-2s. I just bought the jacket whose color and shape I liked the most on the BK website. .I was delivered almost a year later.

coolhandluke

Bronson M-421A, upgraded with an M-42 Talon zip and zipper stops from MASH and a VF-3 patch from ELC. Also wearing a newly aquired wool USN cap from ELC.

EDcBSSu.jpeg

Last edited:

Micawber

April showers and general drizzly murkiness so a somewhat later Barbour Solway Zipper this time. As well as the usual morning outdoor duties I also had some electric fence to move, this was taken when I got back.
Compared to the real vintage Solway Zipper I was wearing in one of the my last photos, this one is a relatively youthful but still worn for work, and play, example.

IMG_2839.jpeg

Regarding the Royal Warrant crests on the labels….
This one has two. Barbour received Royal Warrants from the Duke of Edinburgh in 1974, Her Majesty the Queen in 1982 and the Prince of Wales (now King Charles) in 1987.

IMG_2838.jpeg

Lorenzo_l

April showers and general drizzly murkiness so a somewhat later Barbour Solway Zipper this time. As well as the usual morning outdoor duties I also had some electric fence to move, this was taken when I got back.
Compared to the real vintage Solway Zipper I was wearing in one of the my last photos, this one is a relatively youthful but still worn for work, and play, example.

View attachment 146031

Regarding the Royal Warrant crests on the labels….
This one has two. Barbour received Royal Warrants from the Duke of Edinburgh in 1974, Her Majesty the Queen in 1982 and the Prince of Wales (now King Charles) in 1987.

View attachment 146033

Awesome picture, Steve. Very "atmospheric"....

Lorenzo_l

silly me today...
out of all jackets I own, I chose the not completely right one for the weather here :D
Note to oneself...if the temps barely get above 10°C don't choose a Light Zone flight jacket when you have some rather warmer ones in your closet as well...

View attachment 146057

Despite the wrong choice of jacket, it still looks great on you buddy.

Thomas Koehle

silly me today...
out of all jackets I own, I chose the not completely right one for the weather here :D
Note to oneself...if the temps barely get above 10°C don't choose a Light Zone flight jacket when you have some rather warmer ones in your closet as well...

View attachment 146057

Like Lorenzo already mentioned: maybe too light for the current temps but still cool lookin’ L2 jacket!

What’s the maker?

Griffon_301

thanks a lot for the compliments guys :)
@Thomas Koehle this is a BR L-2B made with a Tops Apparel label inside.
I have no idea how legit this is but the jacket itself is very nice to wear.
I have to admit I solely got it for the patches in the first place, as it is patched up to represent a RF-101Voodoo driver of the 15th Tac Recon Squadron and the Voodoo is maybe my favourite jet of the Century series.

and as I love the Voodoo so much, come autumn I will add another Voodoo themed jacket to my collection in the form of a CWU-9 liner from BR...stay tuned ;)