What is Your WORST Leather Jacket Buying Experience?

B-Man2

Thanks B-Man-2, it's on Paypal so all good. And I've got the Bill Kelso receipt so all good on that front too. I'd actually like to get the jacket and I hope I get some sort of notification, otherwise how long do I leave it? :confused:
Good question .... For me, if I didn’t hear anything from them , I would probably start getting a little concerned somewhere around the 4 to 6 week time frame, but others may give it more or less time. I guess it’s a question of where’s the comfort level on something like this. Really .. all it would take from them is a one liner ... “Thanks for your purchase , delivery time is X” . Not too much to ask I would think.

mulceber

I wouldn’t be too worried. Greece weathered the COVID storm REALLY well. So, I’d be confident that you will get your jacket. It’s just a question of when.

Micawber

I remember buying a Wehrmacht coat from some far away land in the early 70's. When it arrived to say it was a little crusty would be an understatement, another bonus was that every nook and cranny was crammed with dead body lice and eggs and also various other sundry invertebrates.

ShanghaiJack

In a nutshell, I ordered an Aero A-2 in Size 42, and.. it didn't fit, and it actually measured smaller than my size 40 Eastman's.
I was basically told, so sorry, eat it, no exchange.

Fini...

mulceber

That’s very strange, since Aero contracts usually are quite generous in their measurements. Was it a Bronco?

ShanghaiJack

Nope not a Bronco, it was an Aero.

What's a real shame, is that the jacket was
absolutely gorgeous, and the quality of
construction was fantastic.

ShanghaiJack

Yeah... That A-2 is truly stunning, damn the luck.

Someday, with the permission of the current owner, I
will try to snap a pic of the Aero A-2 so that the rest
of you fellow ruffians can drool over it too...

:p

Last edited:

Lord Flashheart

Thanks B-Man-2, it's on Paypal so all good. And I've got the Bill Kelso receipt so all good on that front too. I'd actually like to get the jacket and I hope I get some sort of notification, otherwise how long do I leave it? :confused:
I'm trying to be very patient having ordered a Platon Dubow in December and as others have said here I'm applying a large dollop of patience. I could email ... but would I just get frustrated ??

stanier

I'm trying to be very patient having ordered a Platon Dubow in December and as others have said here I'm applying a large dollop of patience. I could email ... but would I just get frustrated ??
Oh my goodness, and you've heard nothing at all since placing your order Lord Flashheart? That leaves me very worried. I think there's 180 days to make a claim on PayPal. What to do?

bn1966

In the town I used to live in there was a vintage clothing emporium,I managed to find a rather nice G-1 there which I wore for a year or so until my youthful frame filled out. I’d always fancied an Irvin and asked the shop owner if he knew of a source, in short he knew someone that would make me one and took the G-1 as a deposit. 6 months later I took possession of the ‘Irvin’, only it wasn’t!!!!! It can only be accurately described as a prop costume piece from a Viking movie & I looked more like a bear wearing it than an RAF Pilot. Chopped it in at the same shop for an Alpha N-2B.

fighterjock

My first ever A2 -an early Aero Leather bought from an antique shop and when I got it home discovered it had the stinkiest armpits you could ever hate to smell. I tried all the usual remedies over several days and in the end soaked the lining with neat white (Clear/spirit) vinegar, l let it soak for half an hour and then hand washed it in detergent for delicates. It worked phew!
I can't think of any stinky armpits I would "LOVE" to smell?????