• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this? Flee market find. Lots of Lighting zippers.

Pilot

Found this today on a flee market.
A bag...no idea for what but with Lightning zipper, to restaure Irvin’s. They are a bit oxyded, but perfectly working.
Including two Battle Dress Denim blouses Pattern 37 ( “Das Boot”...the prefered U-boot crew’s utility jacket).
QUESTION, What was this bag for...? No markings found....Love the Ligthning zippers...
Thx for your help.
939E09E3-F831-46FC-9124-530CD2EA3754.jpeg
D5F9389E-3EB5-4F4D-A8AC-E4F37405D63F.jpeg
06181002-3704-4A50-9CA3-176386D562D3.jpeg
5E63BA64-FEED-4219-B5C1-A5DB8123BA3A.jpeg
24E12001-1289-4773-ABF1-3D4904089010.jpeg
A114F1B1-CC5A-491D-9138-977A8AEB28B4.jpeg

jack31916

Nice catch! The denim battledress are of the early pattern which don't show up much. The Rucksack doesn't look military to me but more like hiking or mountain equipment. Better check first before destroying it for the zipps :)

Pilot

Nice catch! The denim battledress are of the early pattern which don't show up much. The Rucksack doesn't look military to me but more like hiking or mountain equipment. Better check first before destroying it for the zipps :)
Thx. a lot.
The Denim Battle Dress blouses will go for sale.
The whats about the bag is still the question. I am very happy about the Lightning zips...

jeremiah

Bag looks Swiss in origin to me. I am a mountaineer. That bag resembles an earlier alpine sack. Hey, with any luck it might even be English and one taken on an expedition to uncover the North West passage. Good score.

Only thing that makes me second guess that is the lack of any notable shoulder straps. The zipper is a tell tell which might not have been present on some earlier climbing satchels. Ha. I am talking myself out of my above guess.

Last edited:

Pilot

OK, thx to all, will carefully remove the Lighning zippers for my IRVIN’s.
If someone is interested in the bag without zips...please pm, shipping costs (DHL EXPRESS —- not postal) only...bag is for free.
Thx. to all

Last edited: