• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the warmest jacket you own? What is your ideal extreme cold weather jacket?

asiamiles

It's called Sumpftarn so marsh camouflage. ATF tends to run out of things and you have to wait a little bit for Rollin to do another run. I'm pretty sure there should be one coming as apparently they were very popular and a good seller.
I really like the camo and am kinda tempted to get what one seller calls an M44 jacket, though I don't know if that's the correct designation. Can anyone recommend the best maker and source for one of these?

Also, what other garments were made with this camo?

germancamojkt.jpg

jack31916

I really like the camo and am kinda tempted to get what one seller calls an M44 jacket, though I don't know if that's the correct designation. Can anyone recommend the best maker and source for one of these?

Also, what other garments were made with this camo?

View attachment 48212
Never seen an original M44 Sumpftarn jacke. More regular are the Sumpftarn smocks (Knochensack) and Reversible parka's (Wendejacke) and trousers (Wendehose), Hoods, M43 Caps, Gloves, Helmet covers and probably Facemask also... There are different manufacturers of repro clothing. One which used to be one of the best is Panther Store in Czechoslavakia. https://www.panther-shop.eu/Germany-WW2-c3_0_1.htm

If you're not bothered buying WW2 stuff, check out the clothing of the post-war Bundes Grenz Schutz (BGS) who used an almost similar Sumpftarn camo.