• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What in heaven has happen to our great little forum

Cobblers161

Perhaps we could start a What Are You Wearing Today type Section/thread....?

Kinda keep it current with vanity loaded shots of oneself in various jackets etc....

I realise we already have a review section but this could perhaps be a little more general.

So whadda ya think?

jfvb1225

It's been stated above that the members of this forum are mostly interested in flight jackets, and there are many groups for moto jackets on FB. I primarily have moto jackets, and have looked for an ACTIVE group for the subject on FB and found none worth joining for flight or moto styles. I made my own group for them (moto) to at least have something there. Maybe some marketing to spread the word would help.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cobblers161

Andrew... The problem with the Hat Place is you have to sift through all the nonsense.

We're looking at ways of reviving, I think this would help.

Roughwear

Good point Steve. Yep, why not give it go and see how it goes down with members here. It does mean people can post new pictures of jackets which they may have posted years ago but being worn.

CBI

damn guys, its still way too warm/hot here to wear any winter anything except for a few choice hours in the AM.

Brent

Yep I admit when it is warm weather checking this forum doesn't happen often. Now with the morning chill in the air, I'm checking in here and wearing a few different jackets again.

Regards,

daw

The upper Midwest US is having a very pleasant Fall. It's now cool enough to enjoy my A2's. The only thing about winter I look forward to is being able to wear the RMNZ M444 I bought this past May, and a more recent Irvin.

Juanito

It would be interesting to know if the same decline in activity/interest has been seen by the hgh end sellers; Good Wear, Aero, Diamond Dave, Rickson, etc al...

...very few jackets in the New Jacket Productions section of John's Good Wear site.

colekwok

I think John's queue is somewhat never ending, but I guess it will reach a point of saturation unless there is some boost of vintage leather jacket popularity. I guess that is why even the great John Chapman also started to produce some civilian designs to suit the needs of wider audiences. ELC are doing pretty much the same for having their ELMC line.