• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Happened to Jerome?

ties70

Jerome,

good to have you back!

All the best for your Dad...I surely can understand what you are going through.

Hang in there and take care!

Ties

That looks great, Jerome. More importantly it is great to see you back, and hear y'all are hanging in there. My prayers go out to you and Ties and your Dads. I lost my Dad quite suddenly two years ago and if anybody thinks family doesn't come first they're crazy. You only get one shot to be with family and to make it count.

Here's a shot of my Dad in 1969 in the old Republic of Vietnam. He was a Marine mustang 1st Louie at the time, and he'll always be my hero.

standard.jpg

GBoothroyd

Just to let you all know, I got my Disney Merchant Marine patch and drawing from Jerome today. He included an extra patch featuring the United Seamens Service code flag and original style coloring which were featured in the original Disney rendering. The three of these will be framed with the write up about the squdron patch. The work is of excellent quality. I understand why all of you are strong supporters of Jerome. He has, as some of the young folks say, "mad skilz". Jerome, you now have a new devotee.

cheaterome

Thank you everyone for all your help , patience and support throughout this. I mean it. I really had no idea on how this was going to turn out for my dad and with everyones support and hope and some prayers mixed in there.. he is doing better and looking forward to getting out more to re-hab himself wearing a future a-2 I will be doing for him.I think he is using it for motivation.

To get an idea he used to wear a size 50 RMNZ Weber A-2 and now can fit into my size 40's and 42's with room to spare.>>>>> :shock:

Richard that was an interesting patch. Always glad to have a devotee, that's like a stalker right??..so your going to stalk me now?

Sweet.

I always think Disney is the pinnacle of design and execution as unit insignia is concerned. Glad to do it Richard and glad to get it out to you in one of my favorite shipping boxes (the box from my newest pair of VAN's skateboarding shoes.) ;)

My good friend Couchy here on the forum has put up with me taking a while on his elc air comfort .
Which for all of you elc afficanado's is probably the most practical jacket made. It's a leather b-15 with an a-2 lining.

This jacket is going to have some more modern touches that reflect the wearers service and a hot pin -up.

The fellows at "Liberty Belle" have entrusted me to do the art work on their a-2's and I am finished working up a tight rendering so as to have for master patterns in the future. This little project might be a fun future thing.

Plus today in the mail I recieved my first Buzz Rickson A-2 for a painting. It is thier "house" Aero model that will be getting a "Starduster" type of rendering and 305th BG 365 BS patch, with some pretty nice and traditional script lettering. I have seen buzz rickson's 55j14 at a Chicago meeting and it was a freaking clone of the 55j14 it was compared to.
So to get this in the mail was really no surprise ..but yet it still did .

The weird thing is this Buzz RIckson "Aero" is easily equal to any of Aero's A-2's and a touch more accurate in pattern details and the hides are grade "A" top notch unblemished wonderhides.
Maybe not the most accurate in terms of historically speaking. Personally I love the horsehide John at Goodwear sources.
The Buzz hides are surreal they are sooo perfect in terms of leather quality.. smooth as silk, will make for a nice canvas.

This buzz rickson a-2 is definitely a keeper if there ever is such a thing for the customer. It's just a super high quality jacket..... I hate to say it but it looks like it was made by a machine!!!

Good to be back slowly but surely.

Jerome

ausreenactor

Jerome!

Certainly not a problem, as I know any wait would be worth it. Just wish I had paid in advance when
the aussie dollar was at US$0.98! It is great to see you on the forum again!

Feel free to whack a photo up on the forum. I am not even bothered if I am not the first to see it. The
forum will receive the jacket warmly regardless of my Retro-Tech influenced patch and art...A little bit
of the old combined with the new!

Keep the posts coming!

Festina Lente (Hasten Slowly)

Couchy

siddhartha

Administrator
So happy to hear your Dad is on the mend, Jerome-hang in there.

You are a HUGE part of the forum for me, and it's great to have you back

Chris

ausreenactor

Gents...

Missing my ELC Air Comfort too much...need to get in touch with Jerome. If anyone has a phone number or an
update on how his dad is going could you please PM me..

Regards..

Couchy

John Lever

Recently I think I found him while Googling. Cheaterome was on another site and had the status of Grenade Inspector or something similar. So he is about but just not here.

ausreenactor

John....

Good work there, but a tragic update. Jerome and Carl's father passed away this year. Just spied a post on a forum with the sad news. A couple of months back. I only hope that the days of melancholy are coming to an end for Jerome and he can get back into his passion full speed.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... ?p=7739328

Might explore this route to track down the old Air Comfort..It IS jacket weather in the Tropics...

Couchy