• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think of this jacket

johnwayne

Why do you ask Dujardin? It's interesting I admit and more for comment by our sheepskin/shearling loving members! Clearly it's not in good shape although I'm not one to offer advice on if it might be worth restoring but looks like a D1 clone to me. If you wanted to buy it I guess it comes down to what price you could get it for as to whether it's worth making an offer - it certainly looks like it's one for a collector rather than hoping it might be a wearer!!

Roughwear

I have seen several of these jackets. This one has been re-coated at some stage. It has a Dot zip and was likely made in the UK for USAAF ground crew. It is not an issued D-1, but perhaps bought privately by service men.

dmar836

Quite crudely made. The coating looks almost like black shoe polish. Not sure how much there would be to restore honestly.

MikeyB-17

Looks like someone has taken the clippers to the shearling. It certainly has patina, but it is, IMHO, ‘orrible.