• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think about Goodwear jackets with AAF Decal?

veli1

Hello guys,

I recently ordered a Doniger jacket in goatskin (size 42) from Mr.Chapman and asked him if he could "add" AAF Decal on left shoulder. I wonder if any of you guys have experience with ordering GW jackets with Decals or Patches?How does it look on GW jacket?-Any photo/help would be appreciated,thanks :D

Veli

HHjackets

i'd say it would look like a aaf decal on a piece of leather.
but if you had ordered the duBow then it would have looked awesome!
sorry, couldn't resist!!

greyhound52

Here is an original Doniger that went to depot and had one added to it. Original color was russett.

front_view_flat-1.jpg

veli1

greyhound52 said:
Here is an original Doniger that went to depot and had one added to it. Original color was russett.

WOW!

I love it-Very beautiful Doniger with AAF decal, thanks for the photo;I can't wait for my Doni to arrive... :D

veli1

WOW!

I love it-Very beautiful Doniger with AAF decal, thanks for the photo;I can't wait for my Doni to arrive... :D

greyhound52

Yes it is a USAF decal on it. The owner, a B-24 flight engineer in the Pacific theater must of had it redone after the war cause they put a USAF decal on it and a USAF stamp inside the liner as well as redid it in seal. So this happened after 1947. I have seen a number of reissued A2s for the Korean war with USAF decals on them.

A

Anonymous

I prefer jackets without patches, the way to go is a decal, and possible name strip.