• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think of this one?

Griffon_301

Topic says it all...found this in an Austrian online selling site... The patch combination looks strange but the jacket looks quite nice and it would cost around 250 euros so the price is interesting as well...
Minor problems include some small holes in the cuffs but nothing thats really show stopping...

Your opinions are welcome...

Attachments

• 732_-780013442.jpg
    732_-780013442.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 732_-1078403454.jpg
    732_-1078403454.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 206

B-Man2

Hi Grif
Nice jacket but a few too many patches for my liking. They are all over the place and not the correct patches or placement. If you remove the patches you’ll still have lots of stitch holes. I would suggest looking around because for that amount of money you can still find a Star G1 with less issues. Just my opinion, others may disagree.
Cheers

Griffon_301

Thanks a lot for your opinion! That's what I thought as well...just funny that a jacket like this pops up in Austria, far far away from Vietnam where the wearer served according to the info thats posted...

B-Man2

Thanks a lot for your opinion! That's what I thought as well...just funny that a jacket like this pops up in Austria, far far away from Vietnam where the wearer served according to the info thats posted...
I would imagine that the jacket has passed through a few hands since it was issued . Nothing wrong with it but I think some of the patches were put on after the war or by different owners. I’m not trying to bad mouth the jacket, just offering my personal preferences

Griffon_301

Yes it must have been this way...the squadron patch, the MAG patch and the F-4 Phantom patch look ok, the name tag and the USMC patch on the pocket do not....I am thinking about writing the seller and ask about its history, just out of curiosity