• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you wearing under your jacket in winter?

Smithy

I dragged my RN submariner jumper (made by Outdoor Knitwear) out today as the temperature is really starting to drop here and TBH I think as a design it's the perfect cold weather jumper. I've got lots of other ones but I always come back to this, for me it's perfect under an A-2 (so long as you have room for it - none of that super trim jacket nonsense), Aero Barnstormer, Irvin, Wehrmacht winter parka, waxed cotton coat, etc, etc. The roll neck and longish body keeps the wind out.

Yes there's lots of other things you can wear under an A-2 or other flying jacket but I'd bet there's none which are so effective as a RN submariner jumper or other decent thick roll neck jumper.

s4rmark

I quite fancy the outdoor knitwear ”Das Boot“ quarter Zip sweater, would be ideal for you Smithy up there in the Artic.
I dragged my RN submariner jumper (made by Outdoor Knitwear) out today as the temperature is really starting to drop here and TBH I think as a design it's the perfect cold weather jumper. I've got lots of other ones but I always come back to this, for me it's perfect under an A-2 (so long as you have room for it - none of that super trim jacket nonsense), Aero Barnstormer, Irvin, Wehrmacht winter parka, waxed cotton coat, etc, etc. The roll neck and longish body keeps the wind out.

Yes there's lots of other things you can wear under an A-2 or other flying jacket but I'd bet there's none which are so effective as a RN submariner jumper or other decent thick roll neck jumper.

Smithy

I quite fancy the outdoor knitwear ”Das Boot“ quarter Zip sweater, would be ideal for you Smithy up there in the Artic.

I've got one of their Das Boot jumpers as well Mark. Really terrific and another good one in winter. I wear it often with my Wehrmacht winter parka which now I think about it is probably a good mix ;-)

s4rmark

That’s it then , I’m getting one! I’m banned at the moment from buying any more jackets. I’ve spent the past couple of months collecting WW2 USAAF shoulder patches, and riding motorcycles!

Last edited:

B-Man2

Not very militarily Golden Era accurate but my Wested Raiders today. However the very cute girl at the grog shop said (in Norwegian) "Nice jacket" which put a smile on my dial.
There ya go buddy !
You still got it !;)
ACAC66BD-1493-45CD-95A8-CB5DA5F5BADB.gif

( My idea of a Norweign Blonde:p)

Last edited:

Smithy

Ya take it, where you can get it. ;)

You certainly do!

Very warm here today for this time of year and didn't even need a jacket, let alone woolly stuff under it. Mowed the lawn which fingers crossed will be the last time before winter hits ;-)

And Mark @s4rmark , have you ordered the Das Boot jumper? Got my one out - I get all the winter stuff out of storage about now as here in the Arctic it can easily drop 15 degrees in the space of a week and go from mild autumn to bloody freezing.

FreddyF9

Dear @s4rmark thanks to you, in the end I decided to give a try to the Pike bros. C-2 size medium. I received it yesterday and it fits me perfectly. Thank you again for helping me :)