• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you wearing under your jacket in winter?

Sideslip

A Beerenberg sweater from Arthur Beale, bought after seeing @Flightengineer ‘s one, great warm sweater. I will be wearing it that is, when the weather cools down a bit.

That looks lovely. It looks thick, does the roll-neck collar keep its shape or does it go all floppy and stretched out (not so keen on that)? [Yes, I know, first world problems...]

Micawber

M&S boxers weekdays. Hand tailored silk boxers from one of Savile Row's finest on Sundays.

Oh yes really:D

Dubpynchon

That looks lovely. It looks thick, does the roll-neck collar keep its shape or does it go all floppy and stretched out (not so keen on that)? [Yes, I know, first world problems...]
I’ve only worn it for one winter, in rotation with other jumpers (I take them very seriously :rolleyes:) and it hasn’t stretched out yet. As far as I know all roll necks stretch, it’s just the wool knit that keeps their shape, the only solution is not to wear them too often.

mulceber

Sorry, bot, you failed the Turing test:
CBFE97B8-E630-479E-87A5-A678AEA1C712_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Shirt and tie vibe today.

Gave the 'Bars' a polish. Fortuitous that the CAPT rank adorns most of my AAF stuff.

Both versions of the ELC Rangoon shorts and ties.... Original garrison cap and rank as purchased 20 plus years ago... NO reproduction version ever comes close.

20211227_185909.jpg

bfd70

I have a REI (outdoor brand) Light nylon down filled jacket that slides under my N1 and Peacoat. Works to about 15f.

Micawber

I have taken to wearing bamboo boxers. Daring I know but there you go, sometimes you have to try new things :oops:

Ok I'll bite [again]. Brushed cotton Tattersall check shirt by Barbour, Argyll knit waistcoat, moleskin trousers. Just day to day stuff.

MikeyB-17

I have taken to wearing bamboo boxers. Daring I know but there you go, sometimes you have to try new things :oops:
Not got as far as the cacks yet, but I have some bamboo socks which I think are terrific. Very comfy and surprisingly warm despite being quite thin.