• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What am I seeing here?

elfraty

In the following pictures one sees gunners and bombardiers with different "sizes" cuffs(fleece visible) at least that is what I think I see. Are the big cuffs rolled up sleeves or are they really longer sleeve jackets? I think I see also the seam of these broader fleece cuffs on the same position as the much smaller cuffs with very small fleece coming out of the sleeve.Were there different sleeve sizes back in WW2 and if so what is really the original? Or is everything the same small fleece cuff?

Attachments

• big cuffs same plane0.jpg
    big cuffs same plane0.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 153
  • small cuffs and bigger cuffs0.jpg
    small cuffs and bigger cuffs0.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 158

B-Man2

Its simply cuffs that have been folded over and sleeves which have not been folded over and are worn at full length .... nothing more .

elfraty

really, Ok. I thought I saw the seam of the cuff on the same position. So thin fleece coming out of the cuffs is the most true to the original?

elfraty

I am still not convinced because in this picture I clearly see the seam where the sleeve is attached to the rest of the arm. If the cuffs were so short how then is it possible that in this case there is so much fleece I see at the end of the sleeve?

Attachments

• position of the seam.jpg
    position of the seam.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 139

elfraty

So a totally different Jacket. So what I am seeing is a longer cuff which is foldable. Not like a original B3 with relatively short cuffs. I tried to fold the cuffs to achieve the same as in the picture. I could not succeed with my Aero B3. Not half the amount of fleece I see in this picture. Not a different jacket just gloves.....hahaha

elfraty

Ooooh now I understand. The gloves are named this way. I did not know. So the gloves produce the fleece!!

elfraty

Its simply cuffs that have been folded over and sleeves which have not been folded over and are worn at full length .... nothing more .
I am now more convinced by the fact I learnt a few seconds ago, that these so called A9 mitten gloves are responsible for the extra fleece...