• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What about Low Budget B-10 repros ?

pierregloom

Thanks ;) !

It's quite funny to see that every jacket has it's own little details making them interesting.

Are red knits on a B-10 a Buzz Rickson's creation or it may have existed like that 80 years ago?
I assume I'm tempted by Bronson's Khaki version because of that feature.

Brettafett

It's an invention. No B-10 came off the production line with red/rust knits. Great looking combination though.

I think this was mentioned elsewhere, that it was a Buzz or RM invention...
But maybe someone at some point 70-80 years ago replaced the knackered knits on an original B-10 with what was at hand, red/ rust/ brown and wallah... In the future people are making highly accurate repros (with rust knits) and debating the details... The human condition.

pierregloom

It's always funny for a French to read "and wallah" written like this, as we say "et voilà" !
And this fun fact goes well with your comment @Brettafett about the historically incorrect details taken for real facts. This highlights the difficulty for historians to separate the true from the false in nowadays saturated with communication's society ;).

But red knits are cool ! :cool:

Brettafett

Hahaha, yes exactly.

And you know, there's an original B-10 out there somewhere with rust knits...
Just like an original A-2 with olive knits (Hub Zemke's A-2).

pierregloom

Bon... et bien voilà quoi ! ;) now I want a B-10.
Pierre, I'm going to follow closely your choice of B-10. It could be useful to me.
And it can be the same with a lot of thread on the forum : hmmm, this thing looks great, that stuff is cool... And you're planning to have multiple things when you were here only for informations about an historical jacket o_O:D !

About my choice of B-10, I am certainly not going to order one before next year, but Bronson's one looks interesting for me for the moment ;).

Kermit3D

Not sure you saw these Pierre, but here's some context...
ELC, Bronson and Bob Dong
View attachment 70828
Buzz B-10
View attachment 70829
Bronson B-15A
View attachment 70830

ATF's new B-10... I dint like this jacket at all. Fit was weird. Shape ws weird. Cost a fortune to import.
I love my ATF Tanker to death, but sorry... not the 10
View attachment 70831

It's great to see this ! Very useful to get an idea of the general cut. Thanks for this post

Your B-10 ELC is awesome.

Kermit3D

I agree. Can't comment on the new version but the first run were great. I bought two of them because they were so good and the pattern excellent IMHO.

Absolutely love my first gen ATF ones.

NAWhNi0.jpg

hE88Nid.jpg

Nice jacket, I especially like the color.
It seems to me that pockets are not centered. Is this a specific detail has a period contract ? Or is it a sewing error that simulates wartime production ? :p

pierregloom

Comparison between BOB DONG (khaki/red version) and BRONSON (OD version)

both are size 44 - the BOB DONG version is more roomy as can be seen on the shoulder seems
1XUp6G6.jpg

n9Dn67p.jpg

q8dYR4S.jpg

LUeDY4H.jpg

f9bdzOJ.jpg

4DO6wCP.jpg

G6zWnyh.jpg

1BrEVCI.jpg
Bob Dong jacket looks great, but is that the picture or my screen that making it looking more 'sand' than 'khaki'?
BTW I really like that color too, that's also why I also looked at Five Star Leather B-10.

Smithy

I think this was mentioned elsewhere, that it was a Buzz or RM invention...
But maybe someone at some point 70-80 years ago replaced the knackered knits on an original B-10 with what was at hand, red/ rust/ brown and wallah... In the future people are making highly accurate repros (with rust knits) and debating the details... The human condition.

I posted about this here Brett...

It's a great looking combo but complete nonsense in regards to historical accuracy.