• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wested custom design advice

You guys make a strong case, the truth is I started out saying I am not picky, but I am here on this forum discussing leather jackets, so perhaps I am ;)
Why don't you go throught the process of ordering the jacket from Aero and make payment in three parts .Spread the expense ,and as the Lon Cabbie says you won't have three jackets hanging that you do not like .There's something about a go to jacket that you grab and are in awe of it every time you wear it . There is a saying I am to poor to be cheap !. Ultimately its you money your choice wish you well on your journey .

BIP

Thanks. How do you pay in installments?

Then you purchase a few ‘not quite there jackets’ and realise you would have been better off saving and spending on a ‘lifetime’ heirloom leather jacket, that feels good every time you put it on, that you love so much you wear it on the sofa look up Einstein Cossack.

I know about Einstein's jacket, he wore it all the time didn't he? One durable jacket so that he didn't have to worry about needing to buy a new one.

bn1966

Agree with the above, get the jacket you want the first time. I have a number of ELC jackets that are the business & get a lot of pleasure from them, they took some saving up for, sometimes a year but worth it in the end. The G-1 projects were done for fun but have left me with a good wearer.

asiamiles

Hey guys, so for context I am not really a big leather jacket connoisseur, but I do want a 'generic' vintage looking leather jacket that I can just buy once and 'lovingly abuse' for years to come. ;) Some of you have said positive things about Wested and as I really don't need 'the Bentley' of jackets, but just something well made with natural grain leather that develops character over time, they seem to fit the profile. It is also great that their stuff is made in the UK.

This is what I have in mind-from Hunted with Dirk Bogarde (1952) :
31BJIJT.jpg

What size are you looking for?

I have an original - probably 40s - British leather jacket very much in the same style as Dirk's, only with zipper rather than patch pockets. Can post pics if interested.

bseal

Thanks. Wested have done one offs having looked at their feed and in this case it is really 3 things I want: buttoned pockets, no storm flap and short length. Why don't I go to Aero? Simple-I can't justify the cost! That's why I figured the simplicity of the pattern means I can be a bit more forgiving of small inaccuracies.
I do live in the UK btw.

US Authentic does custom work at affordable prices and with quick turn around time. Then of course there is Five Star making plenty of people around here quite content. Good look with your project.