• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Werber Sportswear Bureau of Aeronautics Navy USN G1 Leather Flight Jacket on eBay

Alec Burns

Pretty nice hard to find jacket on eBay. Size 42. Early contract.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 12.07.29 PM.png

Micawber

917_k

If it is yours then it’s kinda frowned upon around here to join for the sole purpose of trying to flog something, without first having contributed anything to the forum.

If it’s not yours (or even if it is) then it’s ridiculously overpriced, and is going to sit on eBay either until someone stupid comes along or the price is dropped. Werber 7823(AER) jackets are certainly not common and this at least has a decent collar and decent leather going for it, but a wrecked zipper knocks a heap of money of the value, as do the worn out knits. There are tons of G-1s around at the moment and this is priced in the same league as a good condition patched jacket or an earlier wartime model. If someone buys it for that then heck I’ll sell my perfect Werbe 7823 for $800.

Alec Burns

If it is yours then it’s kinda frowned upon around here to join for the sole purpose of trying to flog something, without first having contributed anything to the forum.

If it’s not yours (or even if it is) then it’s ridiculously overpriced, and is going to sit on eBay either until someone stupid comes along or the price is dropped. Werber 7823(AER) jackets are certainly not common and this at least has a decent collar and decent leather going for it, but a wrecked zipper knocks a heap of money of the value, as do the worn out knits. There are tons of G-1s around at the moment and this is priced in the same league as a good condition patched jacket or an earlier wartime model. If someone buys it for that then heck I’ll sell my perfect Werbe 7823 for $800.

Thank you for your comment. I am the seller of this jacket. I did not mean to do anything frowned upon. I am not a jacket collector so there is nothing I can contribute to this forum. I appreciate your valuation and lowered the price to something more reasonable. I am however a little confused about your wartime comment, as this is Korean War vintage. Cheers.

917_k

Thank you for your comment. I am the seller of this jacket. I did not mean to do anything frowned upon. I am not a jacket collector so there is nothing I can contribute to this forum. I appreciate your valuation and lowered the price to something more reasonable. I am however a little confused about your wartime comment, as this is Korean War vintage. Cheers.

Apologies if my comment came across rather blunt and rude. It’s just the frustration of people popping up, usually to ask for forum members to value something for them or to try and sell something and then disappear again, without having really contributed anything.

Anyway, regarding your jacket, my comment about “wartime” was referring to WW2 vintage jackets, such as the M422A or ANJ3A (predecessors to the G-1). As I said, notwithstanding the broken zipper and worn knits, you jacket isn’t too bad and it’s a larger size, which is also a plus. The problem is that it’s not going to be cheap to repair that zipper, not if someone wants it doing properly anyway.