• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weps

Carl

What sort of pricing are originals of these please ??
The one I'm looking at is the C spec .
Many thanks
Carl

Greg Gale

Hah, I was just gonna open a thread about these. I had no idea of their existence until I saw it on a Tomcat RIO from the 90s. When were these issued and used by the Navy? Is it the predecessor of cwu jackets? What are they made of? What’s a reasonable price for one?

Cocker

Hah, I was just gonna open a thread about these. I had no idea of their existence until I saw it on a Tomcat RIO from the 90s. When were these issued and used by the Navy? Is it the predecessor of cwu jackets? What are they made of? What’s a reasonable price for one?

Looking at Ward Carroll's YT, much? :p

Yes, @Lorenzol , I think Carl is talking about the US Navy WEP jackets.

Be advised, guys, those are VERY short in the body, more than an original L-2.

Pilot

My understanding was its this jacket ( since in the “ Nylon” page).
Photo from the net.
3C25D209-91B1-4089-A387-0BFECBD00DE9.jpeg

Greg Gale

On a second thought it’s probably a very impractical everyday wearer due to the length…btw I found pictures of Bronson selling one but a long time ago and now sold out.

bn1966

I had an original 48 in very good nick but moved it on because of the short length (and I like short jackets).

917_k

Yeah, these aren’t really practical jackets for every day wear, unless you don’t mind them sitting very high. They’re actually originally part of a 2 piece flight suit (the jacket buttons onto trousers) to be worn under the Navy ‘poopy suit’ (1 piece immersion coveralls).

They were issued from the 50s through to the mid 70s and values will vary depending on the issue date (older= more valuable).

I’ve got a 70s one I have worn out a few times.

69DE9DEB-959A-4EDE-A294-4CC948C9FD9D.jpeg